11| haunting of the wolves

VIOLET HAD FINALLY COME TO THE CONCLUSION that she was not in fact the least sane out of the pack of teenagers, Lydia Martin was. They were— reluctantly— informing her of all the occurrences that lead them to believe that this place is haunted, and the werewolves were the victims of possession. "You heard a couple kill themselves?" Breaking the quiet that followed after they filled her in, she sighed. "A suicide pact? And it was coming from the room next to yours, but you didn't find anyone there?"

Lydia, sensing the ripe scepticism in the girl's voice, groaned. "I know what I heard!"

"And what did the front desk lady tell you?"

     She faltered for a moment and pulled back, recalling the words. "That they have the highest suicide rate in a motel in California. A hundred and ninety-eight suicides— but when we checked again, it was two hundred and one."

   The three teenagers circled Violet in a desperate plea, waiting for her to come to a miracle solution. "Okay." She nodded her head blatantly.

"Okay?" Stiles widened his arms out as the two girls rubbed their temples, trying not to feel hopeless. "That's it? Seriously?"

"I don't have answers for you, alright?" She said nonchalantly. "All I know is that everyone has been acting crazy, and quite frankly, I think i'm the only sane person here."

Stiles arched an eyebrow. "Not sure about that last part, but, alright, listen, the last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon. But actually, it was Boyd who was really off-- I watched him put his fist through the vending machine."

"See?" Lydia exclaimed exasperatedly. "It is the motel! Either we need to get out of here right now, or... someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism, before the werewolves go crazy and kill us."

His expression darkened the more he thought about the possible outcomes of this. "Okay, just hold on, all right?" He stammered in his speech, his face lightening with a suspicion. "What if it's not just the motel? The number in the office went up by three, right?"

"You mean, like three sacrifices?"

"What if this time, it's three werewolves? Maybe we were meant to come here."

Scott, Isaac and Boyd. Violet swallowed down a wave of nausea at the realisation. Groggily, she took a step closer to them when her interest peaked. Hysterically, Lydia said; "Exactly! So, can we get the hell out of here now? Please?"

Violet's gaze dropped to the newspaper by the corner of the motel room. As they continued to contemplate how to drag the werewolves back into reality, she drifted to pick up the newspaper. She skimmed through the title, pursing her lips. "I think you guys might want to see this." She glanced back at them, catching their attention. "Twenty-eight-year-old man hangs himself at the infamous Glen Capri."

Stiles grabbed the newspaper from her hands, skimming the article with alacrity. "Oh, no... Look at these two." Lydia pointed to another article. "They both mention room two-seventeen. These are probably all the suicides that happened in this room."

Puzzled, Allison paced around them. "So, if every room has a Bible..." She trailed off. "There could be articles in all the rooms."

"That's a beautiful thing." Stiles sighed. "Most places leave a mint under the pillow-- this one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred."

Lydia, still persistent on what she heard earlier, turned to them inquisitively. "What if the room next door has the one about the couple?"

"Can you just forget about the damn couple?" Violet grumbled, snatching the newspaper from his hands and flashing it to them. "You see this, right? I never believed in ghosts before, but i'm fairly convinced now. So what i'm going to do is to pack my bags and get the hell out of here, and if you three share your three braincells and figure out what's best, you'd do the same."