twenty-eighth

The morning of the showcase, the morning of my 19th birthday I wake up naked in his arms. Having experienced things I only dreamed of, only fantasized about, for most of the evening. Exhausted, we fell asleep before midnight and missed toasting my birthday as we had originally planned. But I feel more like a woman now than any turning over of a new day could make me feel. I stir a little in his embrace and run my fingers over his toned stomach. He stirs awake and looks down, meeting my eyes.

"Happy Birthday Kim Sun Hee," he smiles and kisses the top of my head.

"The best birthday." I stretch my body next to him, feeling the warm skin of his chest against my breasts. He rolls me over onto my back, laying above me. He stares into my eyes.

"I'm going to make sure it is," he says, looking me over and following his urge to kiss my collarbone, running his tongue across my skin. He pulls the covers up over his head, disappearing under them and I feel him kiss my breast, as his hands slide over my stomach. I giggle unable to fight the sensation tickling my flesh.  I lift up the covers and dive under.

***

It's hard to drag ourselves out of the bed, but there is a lot of work to do today and we have to be at rehearsal for the showcase soon.  Last night, sated by our hunger for each other, we never ate dinner. It sat all night untouched on the counter in the kitchen. I hear the housekeeper come into the apartment and exclaim in surprise as she sees the dinner laid out in the kitchen, she has never spoken to me, she is usually here when I am in rehearsal, so I don't want to be caught coming out of his bedroom. I look down to the floor and realize my dress is in the living room. I blush at the idea that she has already seen it. I quickly grab Taehyung's button down shirt from the floor and wrap it around my body, clutching my underwear, I dash across the hallway into my room and close the door. I exhale deeply, realizing she definitely knows what's gone on between us, and I'm embarrassed but, there is nothing to be done. I'm 19, and I make my own choices.

It's one thing to feel this in front of the housekeeper, but I am still unsure how this will be revealed publicly, or even if it will be. The thought stops me and I remember my talk with Jia yesterday. Even after the night we had, I wondered still, if I was I telling the truth when I told him he couldn't hurt me? Is today our future or our end? I try to brush the thoughts away as I shower and get ready to leave for the venue. I put on colorful dress and do light make up even though I know they will dress me and do my makeup and hair there. I want to feel like me, the me I know.

I hear a soft knock and I open the door expecting to see Taehyung but finding Eun-yi the housekeeper standing in the doorway with her eyes lowered. She reaches out her arms and has my dress laying across her hands. She doesn't look at me.

"Sunhee, would you like me to wash this for you?"

"Hello," I say shocked that she is speaking to me directly. She has avoided me always. "Yes, please. Thank you." She keeps hold of the dress.

"May I come get the other clothes from your bathroom?"

"Yes of course, come in." I stand aside as she enters and walks to the bathroom. I see that she looks up at the bed and perhaps notices it has not been slept in. I blush and let her take the laundry hamper from the bathroom. I feel awkward but I don't want her to not speak to me, I've been here for months and she's said not two words to me.

"Eun-yi?" She stops, head down. "I'm sorry we haven't spoken before now. I hope we can speak freely from now on." She looks up at me confused.

"I'll come back to take the sheet off the bed," she says ignoring my statement and I look at her surprised.

"They're fine, leave them." She shakes her head.

"This bedroom will be closed up today before I leave." She drops her head not looking at me.