sixth

I can't sleep and the girls are still up talking. I roll off my bunk and grab my dance bag without anyone seeing. I walk out like I'm going to the bathroom and I keep going down the hall and out the door. The campus is dark and I shield myself against the wind, wrapping my sweater over my tank top. No one is out and it's good because I'm just wearing PJ bottoms and slippers. I walk up to the studio building and quietly let myself in the door. I hear rehearsals going on in the distance but the hallway where my classroom is located is dark. I creep down the hall and step up to my room door. I punch in the code 134340, and it opens. I smile.

Now I have my own personal training studio. No more wasted nights trying not to listen to gossiping trainees. I flip on the lights and step up to the mirror. I sigh as I look at myself. Would I get in trouble for being here? Probably. But I need the practice and they'd understand when I tell them my teacher is AWOL. Well, perhaps I won't tell them I apparently chased him off asking him to kiss me. I sigh again and set the music, low, to not draw too much attention.

I spend a good two hours working through my routine, the same music, over and over, trying to get through the steps without making any errors. Sure it would help to have someone here to give me feedback, even criticism. I wouldn't mind it from him.

I wonder about the guys in the dorm saying Taehyung brought me to the trainee program. Surely if there was any truth he would have told me that. But he did tell me he saw my audition and he recognized something in me, something similar to him. But, if that was true, what does that mean even? Does it mean I'm less talented? Does it mean he just wants to work with me? Or does it mean I am talented and he wants to work with me?

I drop to the ground, exhausted from thinking too much. I shake my head. I have to get to bed. I just need to shut off my brain.

I grab my bag and turn the lights off as I quietly push the door open to the hallway. It's dark, and I guess I've gotten away with it. I shut the door softly behind me.

"I thought that was you Sunny." I hear a voice from the darkness and it startles me. I don't recognize it.

"Who is it?"I say in a panic.

"It's Dae-yun," he says stepping up into an area where I can see him a little better.

"Oh! You scared me. I thought I was busted," I say laughing. "How did you know it was me?"

"I heard your music and the lights were on. I figured you were rehearsing. How do you have the code?" he asks suspicious.

"Oh, I - I couldn't sleep and I need the practice." I ignore his more direct question.

"Can I walk you back to your dorm?" he asks.

"Oh it's no trouble, really." I say.

"No, I insist. It's not a great idea to be out here all alone after midnight. I'm surprised your teacher let's you come out to practice this late." He begins walking with me out into the campus.

"He doesn't know. I just need more practice. It's good to be here alone anyway, I get more done." I say, not sure why I'm telling him anything.

"I see," he says eyeing me as though he doesn't believe me. It's an awkward walk back toward my dorm door and as we finally reach it I turn to him.

"Thanks again for walking me back. But please don't tell anyone you saw me in there, otherwise I may not be able to practice late at night," I say smiling.

"Sure. no problem," he says as he backs away disappearing into the shadows.

I sneak back into my room, the girls have settled down and seem to be sleeping. Exhausted, I lay down across my bed, clutching my dance bag and I feel sleep come over me quickly.

I hope I can see him tomorrow. I think to myself as I drift off.

 I think to myself as I drift off