tenth

He moves his body next to me. He wraps his arm around my body as he lays behind me. I let him hold me but I don't turn to him. I am unsure what to do. He's told me the truth but there is nothing I can do with it. I can't be with him, and I can't go back to the dorms. I am unsure what my future holds. The one thing I know is that I want to let him hold me. I feel safe in his embrace, and somehow it feels like everything will be OK as long as I am with him.

I get up the nerve to turn my body toward him, and look up into his eyes. He studies my reaction, waiting for me to speak. I smile slightly and he brushes a stray hair from my forehead with his hand, allowing his fingers to softy slide down my cheek. He lifts my chin towards him and runs his thumb over my bottom lip. He studies his finger tracing a line as my lips part. I watch his eyes closely, waiting for the moment when his eyes meet mine again. I pucker my lips into a kiss and press them against his thumb. I hear a very soft gasp escape his lips and he looks into my eyes. His expression full of wonder.

I strain my neck to lean up and place a soft kiss on his lips, lingering long enough to feel his arms wrap around my body and pull me closer. He gives in to the kiss and I feel his tongue slide between my lips, pressing against my mine. He grips me tightly. I tilt my head, finally feeling the passion behind his kiss. He doesn't hold back this time. I want to be lost in his kiss, focusing only on the feel of his warm tongue exploring my mouth and the touch of his hands sliding over my body pulling my hips in line with his.

He lifts his head and looks down at me. I know he will stop this before it goes too far unless I can keep him focused on my kiss. I lean up and kiss him again to try to overpower his will. "Please don't stop," I beg kissing him harder, but I feel him pulling back, as he rolls his body away from me.

"Sunny, I can't. I want to, I really want to," he says. I roll over following his body and lift myself up to hover above him.

"Then don't stop," I say kissing him, and feeling his hand slide over my back. I know he wants me, and it's so frustrating that he is fighting it. I can't stand the mixed messages. He stops himself again. I sit up. "I'm not going to force myself on you," I say standing up in a huff. "There are other people who would be happy to be with me," I say trying to upset him.

He gets up and stands behind me, not rising to my challenge. His hands slide around my waist and he pulls my body close to his. "But they don't love you."

"What does that mean?" I turn toward him, still inside his strong arms.

"They don't love you, just because they want to be with you physically. You deserve more. You should wait for me, the way I am willing to wait for you," he explains. I shake my head.

"But I've told you that you don't have to wait. I don't understand, and I feel like a fool because you keep pushing me away."

"Sunny, you are going to stay here with me. I will give you your own room, and we can practice every day, just like you would have in the dorms, but it has to stay professional." He turns away. "I'll go get the spare room ready for you," he says.

"If you wanted me in the spare room why didn't you take me there last night? Why bring me to your bed?" I challenge him, reaching up and grabbing his hands to keep him from moving away.

"You have to understand how hard this is on me."

"There is something you aren't telling me! Now I know there's more," I say glaring at him.

"I've already told you. I want to train you. I-"

I interrupt, "Tell me or I'm just going home."

"I promised not to be with you, not physically." He looks down.

"Promised who?" I demand, incredulous.

"Your parents," he says and I stare at him in disbelief.

"What are you talking about?! When would you have ever spoken to my parents?"

He sits on the bed. "I've been watching you for longer than I let on," he says. "I saw you singing in a video that was posted online. I knew then." I sit down next to him unsure what he's telling me. "I reached out to your parents because you were only 16. And I asked if they would let you audition for the company. They didn't believe who I was for a long time. I had to meet with them to convince them it was real."

"What? You've met my parents?!"

He looks up at me with fear in his eyes. He nods, "I have met with them more than once. I asked them to let you train to be an Idol, but they were not convinced this was the path for you. I promised them I would take care of you, keep you safe and I said I would personally oversee your training."

"What does that have to do with us being together?"

"Your father told me that since I am older, I should protect you, but he made me promise not to start a relationship with you."

"Why would that even come up?"

"Because I told him that I believed in your talent, but that, that I-" He can't face me.

"What ?!" The anticipation is too overwhelming.

"I told him that I was in love with you."

"Why would you say that?"

"I thought that they would trust me more if they knew." He looks up at me with an almost pleading expression, waiting to see my reaction.

"So you want them to trust you and you lied to them?" I shake my head.

"No I didn't lie Sunny," he looks down uncomfortably, swallows hard then looks back up meeting my eyes. "I am in love with you."