6

Flâneur

Flâneur.

It was him. I started searching for him at the party but I couldn't spot him or rather I didn't know how he looked like in certainty.

I ran around the party like a mad girl, stumbled on the drunken teenagers. I tapped the boys who had a slight resemblance to him. They gave me weird looks. With no luck, I returned to Cole. I felt a sudden grief wash over me.

I kept looking at the letter, Cole asked
"Do you want to open it?"

"I was hoping to meet him here, but I think we need to stick to the letter for now," I told him, concealing my hopelessness.

I opened the envelope, folded and secured it.

I opened the letter and read,

Dear Helen,

you look really beautiful in casual outfits. especially at a party. It's a shame to not be able to come closer and hold you in my arms and speak to you when you are standing just inches away from me. I never believed in love until the moment I met you in my real life, that's when I knew I'm always the hopeless one in love. I hope you find me soon, I'm around you Helen, look around.

Until next time.

Yours,

Hopeless romantic,

Anonymous.

I stared at the letter for a long time and checked around me again. nevertheless, my luck worked just perfectly! I placed the letter inside the envelope and safely put it inside my jeans pocket.

I looked at cole and asked, " where's Aiden?" and looked around to check the dancing area.

"Getting drunk, probably" he ricocheted at the party and turned towards me and asked, "why?"

"To get drunk ourselves?" I informed him.

Cole gave me a wide-eyed look and questioned "you drink?.

"No, but I want to get drunk today," I said and saw Cole shaking his head disapprovingly.

I looked at him and walked towards the centre table and took a red cup, glanced at Cole and smiled wickedly, and gulped the whole glass down.

I counted the red cups I drank until five the rest that I drank went uncounted. Cole tried to make me stop, but I kept drinking until my grief disappeared.

The places spun around me, everything is blurred. I felt someone grabbing my hands and shouting incoherent words.

Cole!! I wondered why he is shouting at me. I walked towards him but stumbled upon the table and fell face-first on the ground.

Cole came rushing to me. but why am I seeing two Cole's? who is the other Cole?

Why is he mirroring the real Cole? wait a minute, who is the real Cole? I panicked not able to identify between the lookalike and the real one. They both helped me to stand on my feet.