12

I got up from my chair and extended my hands to Nathan "Hi, I am Helen Eddison" and smiled cheerfully at him

Nathan looked sceptically at me and my extended hand and stated "I know who you are" and raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Hi, I am Helen Eddison" I repeated and signed to my extended hands.

He gave a huff but he shook my hands and replied "Hello Helen".

"And you are?" I asked him cheerfully.

"Really?" He asked in annoyance but tagged along when I glared at him "I'm Nathan Northman, captain of the footb..." I cleared my throat to break him from his showing off speech, he looked at me glaring annoyingly at him and instantly stopped his rants.

"Friends?" I asked him.

"Who is kidding? Haha..." He mocked and walked away, idiot!

I wondered why he asked me like that, people respond with a yes or no but Nathan only shot another question. Why doesn't he wanted to be friends? Who am I kidding? Of course, we were enemies discreetly.
I mean calling names and making rude remarks are not what friends do right? But at least I tried.

I walked to the parking lot and searched for Cole but he wasn't anywhere around so I got into the car and drove home.

I parked the car and walked inside to find my mom and Cole talking to each other animatedly.

"I searched you in the parking lot," I told Cole.

"I left early" he replied like I didn't know it.

"To come here? What's the rush?". I asked him.

"Are you in love with Aiden?" My mom asked instead.

Okay, so this was why he is here- to spill everything to my mother.

"Cole! Why the hell can't you keep your mouth shut? It's my place to tell my mother" I groaned and started telling everything to my mother.

She was more happy than confused, it seemed like everyone was rooting for this to happen.

"So are you?" She repeated with a happy grin plastered on her face.

"It is just a crush" I stated simply.

"She is lying!" Cole exaggerated and got up from the couch and pointed his fingers towards me accusingly.

"Drama queen... Sorry, king!" I said and rolled my eyes and walked to my room ignoring their non-plausable interrogation.

I sat on my bed and thought over the dating drama. I didn't have anyone who would accompany me, the only guy friend I had was Cole and he is the brother of my crush. I sympathised myself.

I heard my phone vibrate in my jean pocket, I took it out and it displayed a message from an unknown number. I opened the message and it read,

Friends?