5

Defenestrate

Defenestrate.

I hit the showers, peacefully this time. I've got one hour to get to the cafe.
So I curled my hair in bangs and wore faded denim with a black and white blouse and a green knitted sweater to go with it. I locked the door and started driving towards the cafe.

Cole and Aiden are already seated at a corner table. They're staring at their phone. These boys are still fighting. I noticed.

I walked towards them and announced jokingly " hi boys, so the awesome person is here! What are we going to do now?" Cole gave me a bright smile while Aiden only displayed an amused smirk.

They uttered their own hi's and went back to staring at the phone.
Tonight is going to be a blast!! With these two not talking to each other.

I wondered if this is what Cole's definition of fun. I sat next to Cole and silently whispered sarcastically: " staring at the phone is fun, but I consider to do it alone!"

Cole immediately kept the phone aside in the table and started " what do you want to order Ele?"

I smiled at him and looked at Aiden and asked bluntly "Aiden, why the hell do you guys keep fighting?" and stared him.

Aiden gave me an amused smirk at my bluntness and replied calmly " Cole has a habit of overreacting to things" and went back to staring at his phone like it was a common conversation starter.

Oh- oh, Cole now glared angrily at Aiden. He looked like he wanted to start an argument, so I tramped his foot and gestured him to stay calm and fortunately, he listened.

Silence followed for what felt like a lifetime. I slowly started " I'm hungry.
Cole, why don't you get us something to eat, please." He had a relieved expression when he walked towards the counter.

I now focused on Aiden and made a throaty sound to claim his reaction. He looked at me staring at him and dropped his phone on the table.
So I started " why do you keep picking up on Cole" I quoted the same lines he uttered to Alex.

"Why do you think I'm picking up on my brother?" He glared challengingly.

"Okay then, let's put it this way. Why do you terrorize Cole?"

Now I successfully made Aiden angry.
"He is my brother Ele, why do you think like that? Don't you see, I'm putting my best effort to get close to him, but he just doesn't want me to. What do you think I'm supposed to do huh? Go give him a tight hug and say that I love him?" Wow!! Okay.

"You know? You could just do that, hug and confess. Or you could start being more concerned with his regular activities, like his daily eating schedule". I said mockingly.

"I try, but it just doesn't work sometimes with my own studies" he replied.

So he makes an effort to bond with his brother. It's a misunderstanding from both the brothers. Both of them are self-centred towards greater love.
Are they two blind?.