13

(Unedited)

(Unedited)

I stared perplexed at the dazed Aiden and placed the vase on the bed, opened the window wholly and asked him to get in. I glanced at him carefully, his face was contorted in pain. His hair and dress disarranged and his eyes wild but he still looked like an actor out of the magazine, posing for a heartbreak journal.

I cleared my throat and asked him sceptically, "you could have used the main door".

Aiden glared amusingly at me, his demeanour coming back. He smiled and answered, "now that wouldn't be so cliche right?".

I didn't know what I was supposed to say to him, instead, I stared at him in awe and an unfamiliar emotion that stirred inside of me, paralysing my thoughts and invading my senses.

Aiden looked sadly at me and asked: "how was the date?"

That's when I understood why he was so upset and sad. I wanted to play along, sell him the story of my fake date but looking at him in the state of distress broke a little of me but I know I wanted to do this so I masked my pain and answered "it turned out unexpectedly good, I was nervous for no reason"  and feigned a little laughter.

"Elen, is it the guy from your dreams?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes.

I stared at him, stuck in his mesmerisingly sad eyes. I wondered how he knew about my dreams and most importantly I wanted to know who told him that?

"Who told you this?" I asked, still dumbfounded by his sudden questions.

He smiled slowly at me, his face completely blank but his eyes displayed the pain as if it is mirroring my concealed heart.

"I heard you speaking with Cole in the parking lot and I realised how in love you're with him when you searched him at the party like a crazed woman," he said coldly.

I stammered under his gaze, I didn't know where to start this story but all I knew is that this story is mine but what baffled me was, this story wasn't something I imagined but this is reality. My body inched a little closer to him in its own accord and I placed my hand in his cold cheek.

"Yes Aiden, I wanted to find him" I started, he tried to step away from my touch, moving slightly but I kept my hands firmly in his cheek and shook my head, indicating him to not move.

"I dreamed of him every single night, wanted him next to me when I woke up, I always knew what I'm waiting for" the words flooded through me without control.

Aiden glared angrily at me, he forcefully took my hands away from his cheek and turned towards the window, I quickly continued "I know what I wanted until the moment I met you, it was when everything started to spiral..." He stopped and turned to me. I took that as a 'carry on gesture'.

"I didn't know I have feelings for you when I met you, I'm not the type of girl who believed in love at first sight, I don't even know what I feel for you is love but I know this Aiden" I placed my hands on his cheeks again and he didn't retract, instead he leaned in and looked at my eyes with a small anticipated smile that now erupted on his lips.