11

"You will not utter a single word to Aiden about this

"You will not utter a single word to Aiden about this..."

"Tell me what Ele?".

Uh-oh, I took a quick turn and saw Aiden holding a package. He shook the package cheerfully and sat next Cole.

My mind wandered into all the wrong places, nervousness engulfed me in flames. Cole unwrapped the package and announced happily " Burritos!".

"That's for Elen" Aiden replied and snatched the package from him.

He extended the package to me and gestured for me while I stayed startled by his unexpected visit.

"When did you come?" I interrogated.

"When you wanted to keep a secret from me so what is it?" He asked and loitered for me to answer and unwrapped the burrito and placed it next to my hands, discreetly running his finger on my thumb. I was flabbergasted at the heat and the confusion at once but he nudged the question again breaking me from my reverie.

I didn't know what to respond, my mind refused to cook up a story that's when Cole said, "Ele is going for a date tomorrow".

Wait, what? When did I say I'm going on a date? I looked at Cole in confusion, he simply winked and asked for me to wait.

I nodded at him but I didn't feel good about the whole dating thing, I wondered what would Aiden think of it. I peeked at Aiden, his face was blank but his right hand that was holding my hand was clutched tightly. I felt a little happy knowing that he was reacting this way. I looked at Cole and he smirked at me.

"Yes, Aiden, I wanted to tell you this but Cole broke the ice. Silly him" I played along and faked anger towards Cole.

"With whom are you going?" He asked slowly.

Okkaayy, now that's a really good question although I didn't know the answer for. I stared at Cole for some idea but he silently ate his food, ignoring me completely. After all, he bought this one on me!

"Ahh... With a secret admirer... Yeah, I don't know him but he seems sweet you know... Sending me flowers and cute gifts" I stammered.

"Like your not so favourite flowers, roses?" He retorted.

Although the story was partly a lie, there were some real happenings behind it. But the happiest I felt was that Aiden remembered my choice of flowers.

I glanced at Aiden, he had a troubled look on him. He got up from the chair and said "I need to leave" and dashed out without waiting for us to respond.

I felt bad about hurting him but Cole seemed out of the earth happy. His grin reached to his ears, "he's jealous!" he declared and continued "we need to use this to our advantage" and started to think deeply.

"Can't we do this in another way, I don't like to see him hurt" I replied.

"Aww, as much as this is sweet, no we can't. Aiden is a tough nut to crack, we need to reach him through his ways especially jealousy. He gets possessive when he starts loving someone" Cole answered.