21

Dedicated to - thebadgirl_0143

VOTE and COMMENT!!! :)

I waited for him to talk

"It's beautiful, isn't it? She is fearless too" he concluded.

I wanted to ask him how he knew the gender but I missed his voice too much to interrupt his rants, if my stilled stature keeps him near me for long, I don't mind being silent for a lifetime. The deer came a little close to me and nuzzled his nose on my palms.

"I like a deer for a pet, its innocence is heartwarming, what's your favorite pet Ele?"

"Horses-

"White horses?" He assumed.

"How do you know?" I inquired instead.

"You like white things, daisies and white roses to vanilla ice cream. You like the innocence of white, it suits you" he replied, I wanted him to keep talking, anything and everything.

I missed him, I missed his voice and constantly touching hands but this time he kept his distance, I felt his warmth, the giddiness but he was feet or two away from me and that hurts.

If only I could freeze time, this will be the moment.

"I missed you Ele, I really did" his voice was serene and sad.

"I miss you too" I confessed, my body itching to turn and look at his face but somewhere inside of my mind I knew that this was a dream and the moment I turn to take a glance at him, he might disappear or worse I would be thrown out of my dream and away from my dream lover, I dared not lose him again.

"I'm sorry-

"-shh my girl, it's okay, I have and will always love you, no matter what" he uttered solemnly, his voice fading in the background and I realized I was left alone in the wilderness, turning to the place his voice came from, I went closer to his feet imprint, his voice crystal clear in my ears, I crouched down to the ground with a smile on my lips and silent years trailing down my cheek.

I love him, sadly deep.

The realization was deep, also self-shattering.

The deer muzzled at my wet cheeks, looked me in the eye, and ran in the opposite direction, it was as if the deer was too giving me his goodbye kiss but I was proven wrong when it stopped in a distance and wobbled its head in the front. I followed it in a trance for a little distance until I caught sight of the familiar figure moving forward into the deep.

My pace became faster and shortly I started running after him, the surrounding dazing into a foggy hue, rapidly breaking out of my dream and I was left staring at the empty ceiling of my bedroom.