37

"Can I take this blindfold off now?" Damien impatiently asked as I parked the car in my parents' driveway. I took his blindfold off, and he shook his head, "What the fuck, City?! Why the hell did you think it would be okay to bring me to ya pop's place? You know I don't fuck with that nig-" I raised my eyebrows, and he corrected himself, saying, "I'm not cool with your dad. I don't wanna be here."

I informed, "I brought you here because I wanted the two of you to talk shit out. I'm hoping he'll offer you a position at his job and you'll accept."

"Who said I wanted to work for your dad?" Damien frowned. "Frankly, I'm having fun being his enemy."

"Well, I'm not. If you truly love me, you'll try to end the beef you have going on with my dad."

"Don't put me in that position..."

"Well there shouldn't even be a choice. It's not fair to me nor Aurora. You either go in that house and talk shit out with him, maybe even suggest working for him if he doesn't give the offer, or..." I said as I brainstormed a punishment.

He frowned, "Or?"

"Well, if you do as I ask and give it your best effort, we can have sex tonight. If you don't, I'll continue being abstinent for the rest of the month and maybe even for the upcoming months. How does a full year sound? We've already made it to four months with you not getting any from me. I really don't mind going eight more months."

"Tonight? You promise?" he asked, and I nodded. "You better not be lying, City."

I shook my head, "I'm not. Do as I ask and we'll have sex for the first time in four months."

"Tonight though...?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, we'll have sex tonight."

"Alright, bet then," he agreed. As he undid his seatbelt, he stated, "I would've talked to him without your proposal for sex, but it has been four months... I honestly really miss how we were. I can't even call you mine anymore. I fucked up badly, and I'm sorry. I really am. I want you back, Sagacity."

As I stared into his eyes, I had to remind myself to have a strong backbone. I looked away and sighed, "Let's just focus on one thing at a time." I quickly glanced at him and couldn't deny the hurt I saw that ran through his entire face after the words left my mouth.

Nonetheless, he agreed, "Okay," before hopping out the car. I got out behind him and rang the doorbell. My father answered the door and immediately stared at Damien with a cold expression.

"What you doing at my house?" Father questioned Damien.

"Here to talk," Damien answered as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Dad shook his head, "I don't got shit to say to you."

"Then listen," Damien shrugged. "You may not like me, and that's fine. I know you love Sagacity, and I know you love Aurora. I love them both as well. They're my family too, Carter. Our beef is impacting them, and that ain't cool. I'm here to squash it, at least for their sake."

"I can't even trust you anymore," my dad shook his head. "You proved your lack of loyalty when you started working for Carson."

"I'll quit and work for you instead. Working for Carson was just to spite you. I didn't share anything with him. I just used my own marketing techniques to attack yours. I can do the same for you as I did for him, and even more. Let me earn your trust," Damien negotiated. "For what it's worth, I wish things hadn't gone the way it did, but that's all in the past. Let's just focus on the future."

My dad exchanged a few glances between me and Damien for a while before finally nodding, "Fine. Fuck this up and I won't be so kind."

"Okay," Damien nodded. "I'll call in and quit first thing tomorrow."

"Aight," my dad nodded. He then stretched his hand out, and Damien shook it. My dad then opened his arms towards me, and I gladly accepted his hug. He smooched my forehead before saying, "Safe drive home."

I smiled while nodding, "Okay, Dad. Love you."

"Love you too, Princess," he smiled before ruffling my hair. He then went back inside, and Damien and I went back to the car.

"Thank you!" I said excitedly, happy that the beef was now over.

"You're welcome," he nodded as he strapped himself in.

I then teased, "I'll make tonight worth it."

He shook his head, "Any night with you is worth it."

I blushed and looked away before starting the car up.