10

I woke with his scent wrapped all around me. I watched his body shining under the moonlight that shone through the window and began remembering all of our moments in bed. My eyes trailed down to the thing my body woke up for, but he was tucked away and sleeping. I felt an ache between my legs and a longing so strong in me that crazy thoughts began running through my mind. Would he be okay if I touched him? I could pretend that I was sleeping and my hand randomly grabbed him.....

My eyes trailed up his chest and to his lips, the lips I wanted beneath me as I'd ride his face. The lips that I wanted exploring my insides. Why was I so horny?!

I took my bonnet off and brushed some of my curls that escaped the plaits I had my hair in. I took out the plaits and ran my fingers through my hair as I looked over at Damien again. Why did I say no sex for a while?

I checked the time on my phone and sighed. It was two in the morning. I had no reason to be up right now, yet here I was, up and frustrated. Would it be selfish to wake him?

I reached out for him, but hesitated and pulled my hands backward.

With Aurora asleep, now would be a good time, but I didn't want sex making things even more weird between Damien and me. However, I couldn't deny how much more handsome and sexy he looked, even though his muscles were not as strongly defined as they used to be. He was still built and looked stupid good with his beard.

Fuck it, I thought to myself right before I tapped his shoulder. "Dame," I called out. No response. I shook his shoulder and, through a whisper, yelled, "Damien!"

"Hm!" he replied tiredly.

"Wake up," I said, and as he began shifting around, I began feeling bad that I was bothering him, but to much of my prevail, his eyes fluttered open.

"What?" he asked, and I shook my head.

"Forget it."

"What, City?"

"Nothing."

"You already woke me. What is it?"

"Never mind."

"Just fucking say it!"

"No."

"Yes!"

Just drop it!"

"No. Tell me."

"No. I don't want to anymore."

"Sagacity."

"Damien."

"Say whatever the fuck your woke me up to say."

"Just forget it, Damien. Gee."

"How about you just tell m-"

"I'm horny!"

His eyebrows raised in response as he watched me, and I immediately began blushing. "You woke me outta my sleep because you wanna have sex?"

"Yes, I know, it's selfish. I'm sorry. Now go back to s-" I got out before my body was thrown on top of his. "Are you sure?"

"Are you?" he asked, and I nodded. "Aight, then. Go get the condoms." I face palmed myself and sighed. "Wow."

I shrugged, "Who was I gonna have sex with? There was no need for it."

"I would've gotten some had you not told me you didn't wanna have sex," he chuckled. "You dead had the adrenaline rushing to my balls."

I chuckled before suggesting, "I mean...we could go raw and you pull out."

"Aight we could do that," he nodded in agreement before licking his lips. "Come here." I lowered my lips onto his, and he smooched them before biting his bottom lip and looking at me with seduction written in his eyes. "What pace you want tonight, babe?"

"Honestly, can we just fuck?" I asked shyly, and he smirked. I had actually wanted to make love, but I didn't think he'd be into it now that everything between us changed. I doubted there would be much passion involved.

"We most definitely can," he nodded mischievously, and I grabbed his side as I attacked his lips, but he groaned painfully.

I pulled away and looked down at where I held only to find out that I had placed a lot of pressure on his wound. "I'm so sorry!" I quickly said while moving my hand to an area where he had been bruised, and he grunted a bit. I completely removed my hands and sighed, "I'm sorry."

He nodded, "It's okay. I'm just a little sore. We can still-"

"No, it's fine," I shook my head.

"I can manage," he said, but I shook my head as I climbed off him.

"Just forget it," I sighed. I then cupped my face while inhaling and exhaling a long breath.

Damien worriedly asked, "You okay?"

I shrugged, "I guess."

"What's wrong, City?"

"I just feel like every time we intend to enjoy ourselves something just happens to deter that," I answered. "Like the picnic, and now this. And then there's the small arguments we had before we could make up. I feel like nothing's going right between us and it's just really frustrating. I just want us to be as happy as we used to be."

Damien sat up and wrapped his arms around me, and I sank into his hug. "I haven't been as kind to you as I should, I'll admit, and I'm sorry. Things haven't felt right between us because in some ways, I've been trying to pick fights with you to push you away." I unburied my head from his chest and looked up at him with confusion on my face. "It just felt easier to push you away than burden you with my load of shit, and I know you're gonna tell me it's not a burden and that you'd rather me talk to you. I will, but a few things I gotta work out on my own, but I'm done pushing you away."

"Okay," I nodded before smooching his lips. "Can we make love instead? It's okay if you don't want to. I don't know if you lost any feelings or whatever...so we could just fuck....if that's what you want."

He frowned, "You asked to fuck because you thought that's what I wanted?" I shamefully nodded while looking away. "You wake me out of myself because you're horny but then don't ask for me to please you the way you want to be pleased? Sagacity-"

"I felt bad," I admitted. "Like when you were up I just thought: this dude doesn't even fuck with me like that anymore. If I ask to have sex I have to ask to fuck."

He turned my head so that I'd look in his eyes, and he gave my lips a long, passionate kiss that not only sent chills running down my spine, but also put a bright smile on my face. "I understand that we grew a bit distant from each other because we've missed out so much over the year and a half, but I still love you. I haven't lost feelings for you, I'd just like to get to know the parts of you that I'm not familiar with yet. Okay?" I nodded, and he smooched my lips. "Besides the stab wound and right here," he pointed to a spot under his right breast before continuing, "I'm basically all healed. If you still wanna make love, I'd be more than down."

I blushed while smiling and nodding. Damien smiled as well and licked his lips while laying me down, and I wrapped a leg around his waist.