14

As I parked my car in the garage, I noticed that Damien's car wasn't inside, which meant he still hadn't come back from whatever it was he had to do. I entered my house and went up to my room. Like expected, the outfit I had prepared for him was still laying on the bed in the same exact position I had left it in. I shook my head while slipping out of my dress. I then began removing my makeup before wrapping my hair and heading into the shower. After a hour later, I entered my room and got dressed in my pajamas. When I was done, I heard the front door opening. I hadn't put the suit back in my closet yet, and the timing was great because he'd see me picking it up right when he'd be getting back from whatever it was he had to take care of. I waited until I heard his footsteps approaching the room. First, he stopped by Aurora's room, but must've noticed that she wasn't there. He then opened my room door, and I picked the suit up ready to put it away now.

"I'm so s-" he got out, but I shook my head and walked off. I put the suit on a rack and left my closet. I then grabbed the TV remote and switched the TV on. "I got caught up." I continued giving him the silent treatment, and he sighed in response. "I thought I was gonna be finished in time. I'm sorry, Sagacity." I searched for the show I wanted to watch and then selected the episode I wanted to watch. "Will you at least tell me where our daughter is?"

"With her grandparents," I said dryly as I started the show.

"Why?"

"She wanted to spend the weekend with them."

"How did the night go?" he asked.

"Would've known if you had showed up," I answered, my eyes never leaving the TV.

"I'm now getting back. I swear, I would have come if I didn't get caught up," he sighed as he took his sneakers off. "I understand how much tonight meant to you and that it was important for me to be there. I wanted to come. Time-"

"You can stop explaining...which is also you not really explaining," I shrugged. "I honestly don't care. I just wanna watch my show in peace."

He sighed before saying, "Fine." He then left the room and came back with flowers and a box of chocolates in his hands. "I had bought these to give to you after the show. I still want you to have them."

"Thanks," I said dryly as I took them from him.

"Are you ever gonna not be angry at me for this?" he asked, annoyed that I was still upset.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm over it."

"You clearly aren't."

"Well, I'm used to not having you around anyways, so I think I am."

"Wow."

"Yeah. Just thought that now that you had the choice of being around, you'd make it. Silly me."

"I was busy."

"Too busy to make time for me, yeah, I know," I nodded.

He sighed, "It's not even like that. I had to do something for an old friend. She was in need, and I couldn't leave her stranded. I really didn't think helping her would take as much time as it did."

"What old friend?" I asked.

"If I tell you you're gonna flip out on me. That's why I didn't tell you earlier," he said. I crossed my arms as I waited for his answer. "Sarah."

"Your ex?" I asked, even though I knew the answer, and he sighed while nodding. "What did she need help with? Matter of fact, how did she get in contact with you again?"

"We never stopped following each other on Instagram, and the matter's a bit private," he replied, and I let out an unamused huff. I understood that I wasn't exactly his fiancé anymore, but I thought he'd at least feel comfortable sharing private things with me. "Here we go again."

"I don't think we should be together right now. I need some space," I said as I turned the TV off. "Hit the lights on your way out, please."

"Wow. Okay," he said with a salty voice, and I placed the flowers and chocolate down on the dresser before laying in bed once more. I listened for his footsteps to fade before he turned the lights off. He then slammed my room door before slamming the front door too, although I was the one with reasons to be upset about, and although I never told him to leave the house. I just didn't want to spend the night in the same room. Nonetheless, I wasn't going to chase after him. He left because he wanted to, just like how he didn't show up to my event because he wanted to prioritize his ex over me. He knew that tonight meant so much to me, and still. He wouldn't even tell me what was so important that he had to attend to.

He never wanted to speak with me about what he was up to, yet always got angry at me when I'd feel a type of way about not knowing what was going on. It didn't even feel like we were together anymore. It was exactly what I thought would happen: we'd have sex and think that everything was fine between us, but that would only complicate things in the long run. We weren't ready to be in a relationship with each other. It felt as if we needed to start from scratch, but I didn't know if a relationship with him was worth it anymore. This lack of communication was not it for me.

A/N: Three chapters away from some very surprising news....🤭🤭