13

Ping, was the sound of a text message coming through Damien's phone. Ping. Ping. Ping. Being nosy, I peeped over at his phone, which was laying on the bedside table on the side of the bed that he slept on. Ping. I looked at the screen, but it didn't display the message. Who could be texting him so often? I wondered to myself as I picked his phone up. I then typed in the password he had for his old phone, but that didn't work. Why would he change his password? Upon hearing the bathroom's door opening, I placed his phone down and got off the bed.

Damien had been randomly leaving the house recently, and even though he'd give me a heads up- like I asked for- he never once told me where he was heading. It wasn't that I didn't trust him, but rather that I felt he had been moving a bit secretively, why I had my suspicions of him.

"A few texts came through your phone a little while ago," I informed. It was a good thing I hadn't locked him out of his phone.

"Oh, okay," he replied while walking over to me. He then picked his phone up and held it to his face so that it could unlock. He then walked away from me, causing a frown to form on my face. Trying to be slick, I slowly stood so that he wouldn't hear me leaving the bed, and walked quietly over to him. Since his back was facing me, he didn't see me walking over to him. I tried to peak at his phone, but he turned around while clicking the power button, and to play it off, I wrapped my arms around him. "You good?"

"I can't hug you now?" I asked while looking up to him.

"Yeah...just...you haven't hugged me since I got here," he pointed out.

I released him and shrugged, "Just wanted to be a bit affectionate."

"...You haven't been affectionate with me in two weeks," he said with a slight frown.

"The fact that you remember the last time I was affectionate," I teased as I walked away. "I've been busy finishing up my plans for my fashion company, is all. I just want everything to be perfect."

Damien walked over to the dresser that I had left empty for him, which was now packed with clothes that we had gotten the day I took him shopping. "When are you lunching it again?" Damien questioned, and I gave him a blank look because this was about the third time he asked me that. "What?"

"You dead asked me this three times. The second time was alright because I hadn't given you a specific date, but I literally told the date last week," I answered. "It's tonight. I thought that's what you were getting ready for."

"Oh...shit, my bad," he said. "It slipped my mind. What time is it going to be at?"

I answered, "7."

"Alright. Send the info and I'll be there. I gotta run somewhere real quick though. When does it end?" he asked.

I answered, "9," before asking, "where are you going?"

"To the city."

"Why?"

"Gotta take care of something."

"What?"

He gave me a blank look before answering, "Something, City. Please don't start."

"Start what?"

"Forget it."

"I can't ask you questions?" I frowned.

He sighed, "And you're starting."

"Wow, okay," I said before walking to my closet. I then went over to the section where I kept the dress I planned to wear, the dress I wanted Aurora to wear, and the suit I wanted him to put on. I took the items out of the closet and placed them on the bed. "I'd like for you to wear this if you show up."