XIII. Evil Trampoline

"Summon the Steward." The Moxx of Balhoon demanded, as the Doctor took the metal spider from Jabe's hand.

"The Steward is dead." Ella deadpanned as the Doctor was trying to get the metal spider working again to expose who it works for.

"Who killed him?"

"This whole event was sponsored by the Face of Boe. He invited us. Talk to the Face. Talk to the Face." The giant telepathic head known as the Face of Boe, furiously shook his only remaining body part, indicating that he did not bring the metal spiders aboard.

"Easy way of finding out, someone brought their little pets. Let's send him back to master." The Doctor puts down the spider that Jabe was scanning, and it scuttles off to Cassandra and scans her, then goes to the black gowned group.

"The Adherents of the Repeated Meme. J'accuse!" Cassandra shouted, the woman was a literal patch of skin on a frame, like a trampoline with lipstick.

 J'accuse!" Cassandra shouted, the woman was a literal patch of skin on a frame, like a trampoline with lipstick

"J'accuse." Ella corrected the skin as she mispronounced the French word.

"That's all very well, and really kind of obvious," the Doctor started with a small smile "but if you stop and think about it." He goes over to the Adherents as their leader tries to hit the Doctor, but he pulled its arm off.

"A Repeated Meme is just an idea. And that's all they are, an idea." The Doctor harshly tugged one of the wires dangling from the arm, and the Adherents collapsed. "Remote controlled Droids, a nice little cover for the real troublemaker. Go on, Jimbo. Go home." The Doctor gave the metal spider a nudge, and it returns to Cassandra, the flattened last human.

"I bet you were the school swot who never got kissed." Cassandra spit out in a quiet rage that her plan was starting to fall apart. "At arms!" She shouted, and her attendants raise their spray guns, that they have been using to keep her skin from drying out.

"What are you going to do, moisturize me?" The Doctor sassed and Ella tried very hard to contain her laughter, but she couldn't help it as a small snort slipped out.

"With acid." The talking skin answered back viciously, she started to go on some super villain monologue about how she needed a situation where she could sue for compensation because flatness costs a fortune.

"I am the last human, Doctor. Me, not your little girlfriend." Ella recalled the small conversation she had with Cassandra earlier before they went to the maintenance duct. Ella basically went off on the patch of skin for claiming she was the last human when she had everything human thrown in the trash.

Earth Death in three minutes. Earth death in three minutes.

The evil patch of skin had her metal spiders wreak havoc on the stations safety systems, if they didn't fix it in time, they were all going to burn. Cassandra gave her final goodbyes by telling the rich people that she had shares in their rival companies that'll triple in price after they're dead, she finished her villain speech and teleported out.