IV. Imposter Interrogator

Bold = French

Italics = Thoughts

"Dude, there's probably going to be an alien invasion and Rose and I are trying to find the guy who can fix it." Ella used as a greeting; Darren laughed on the other side of the phone call, her phone was destroyed, so she borrowed Rose's.

"Well, hello to you too." Ella could hear the teasing smile through the phone.

"Hi, but seriously, just get dressed or whatever and come outside so we can go to Mickey's. Rose is already there." Ella checked out the nail polish on her nails and the chipped quality of it, I should repaint them soon ... if the world doesn't get destroyed by plastic aliens.

"I went by her Estate last night to check on you after your shop went up, but they said you were already sleeping." Darren whispered but Ella could hear him loud and clear.

"Oh, yeah. Well, I was trying to sleep but it wasn't happening. Plus, I had some liquor and Rose and I drank that until it was gone." Ella shrugged even though she knew that Darren couldn't see her.

"Did you eat yet? I could buy you breakfast before the aliens get here."

"That's very sweet of you. Now will you please get out here so we can save the world?" Darren laughed right in her ear causing Ella to flinch at the sudden noise.

"Okay, fine, I'll be out in five minutes."

"And don't laugh so loud. Some of us are hanging over."

After a quick breakfast, Rose had sent an address to meet at from Mickey's phone. Apparently, she scoured the internet to look for someone who could have possibly run into the Doctor in the past.

She found only one.

Darren slowed down at the street where Rose said to meet at, and Ella immediately spotted Mickey's tiny yellow car.

"Nope, neither of you are coming in." Ella crossed her arms at the ensuing disagreement within the group.

"He's completely safe. He's got a wife and kids." Rose defended, having been the only one to talk to Clive.

"Yeah, that's exactly what an internet lunatic murderer would say." Darren nodded at Mickey's rationalizing.

Rose and Ella walked up to the house after winning the minor argument, Rose reached her hand up to knock and a few seconds later a boy answered the door.

"Hello. We're here to see Clive. We've been emailing." Rose brought her hands up and typed across an imaginary keyboard.

"Dad, it's your nutters!" Ella laughed at that as a larger man came to the door and shook Rose's hand.

"Oh, sorry. You must be Rose. I'm Clive ... obviously and who are you?" Ella held her hand out to shake.

"Ella."

"I'd better tell you now that my boyfriend and his best friend are waiting out in the car, just in case you're going to kill us." Ella sucked in a breath at Rose's joke, assuming that Clive would get offended and refuse to help them, but he laughed.

"Good point, no murders." Clive stuck his head out further and waved at Mickey and Darren, the two of them just squinted their eyes at him in distrust.

"Who is it?" A voice from upstairs called out.

"It's something to do with the Doctor. She's been reading the website." Clive informed his wife, Caroline. "Please, come through. I'm in the shed." Rose and Ella followed Clive through the house, Caroline peeked around the corner of the staircase and saw the two girls leave out the back with her husband.