V. Commence Invasion

Bold = French

Italics = Thoughts

Ella's mouth gaped open when she stepped out of the machine because they were in a completely different part of the city than they were a couple of minutes ago.

"I lost the signal, I got so close." The Doctor complained.

"We've moved, does it fly?" Rose turned and looked at the blue box that brought them there.

"Disappears here and reappears there." The Doctor replied as he leaned up against an embankment, he looked back at the girls. "You wouldn't understand." Ella quietly growled as that was her least favorite phrase.

"If you're an alien, how comes you sound like you're from the north?"

"Lots of planets have a north!" The Doctor defended as Ella walked around the blue box.

"Hey, Stranger. Why does your super cool spaceship look like a phone box from the 50's? Is it a disguise so no one will flip out? Can't have it looking like a spaceship so instead you have it looking like a box that doesn't even exist anymore?" Ella wondered as she did a full circle around the Tardis.

"How did you guess that?" The Doctor marveled at the tan girl.

"I didn't have any friends when I first moved here so I did as much research as I could on my new home." Ella informed him as she shivered from the cold of the night that surrounded the city, the tan girl moved closer to Rose and wrapped her arms around her to warm up.

"And what does this living plastic want with us?" Rose wondered, changing the subject back to the impending invasion.

"It's not like this planet is very awesome, with all the greenhouse gases and pollution." Ella's voice was muffled from Rose's jacket.

"That is exactly why they love you so much. Smoke and oil. Toxins and dioxins in the air." The Doctor shrugged off his leather jacket and held it out to Ella, she was confused but took the jacket anyway because she was still freezing. "Kind of perfect for the Nestene Consciousness. Its food stock was destroyed in the war and its protein plants rotted. So, Earth, dinner!" He finished with a wide smile.

"Is there any way of stopping it, Stranger?" Ella asked as she looked down and almost laughed at how the jacket fit her.

"Yeah, hold on." The Doctor answered as he moved closer to Ella so he could reach into the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a capped tube filled with blue liquid. "Anti-plastic."

"Anti-plastic?" Rose and Ella accidentally asked at the same time.

"Anti-plastic." The Doctor confirmed. "But first I have to find it. How can you hide something that big in a city this small?"

"Hide what?" Rose tucked her hair behind her ear to get it out of her face.

"The transmitter. The Consciousness is controlling every piece of plastic, so it needs a transmitter to boost the signal."

"Well, what does it look like?" The Doctor handed Ella the capped tube of anti-plastic before answering her question.

"Like a transmitter." Ella rolled her eyes as she pocketed the anti-plastic.

"No, shit. I thought it would look like a rubber duck." Ella mumbled causing the Doctor to chuckle.

"Actually, it's round and massive. Supposed to be right in the middle of London." The Doctor started to walk to the other side of his ship. "A huge circular metal structure ... like a dish, like a wheel!"

He stopped walking in front of the embankment behind the Tardis as Rose and Ella followed and gave each other knowing smirks at what they saw on the south bank.