XII. Apocalypse Party

What?! Another chapter? So soon? Editor dude must be bored or something. He's editing in a timely manner lol

||

“Is that the dress you got from that shop on Sezomia?” Ella heard through her thoughts as she glanced up at the voice that had spoken, she nodded with a grin and he cleared his throat awkwardly, “it looks nice on you.”

The Doctor knew he had no reason to discuss fashion as it wasn’t his area, he just wanted an excuse to comment on the dress, but it was difficult for him since the last time he gave her a compliment he kind of insulted her too.

“Anywhere in particular you want to go?” He changed the subject and started messing with knobs and levers as Ella took some time to study the yellow dress that she decided to try out.

“Rome?” Ella blurted out; the Doctor spun a wheel in the middle of the console, the room surrounding the two shook briefly and Ella held on to the only seats in the control room.

“Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the new Roman Empire.” Ella laughed while the Doctor looked very proud of himself in that moment.

“You think you're so impressive. You know that’s not what I meant, I want to see if the plague caused Rome to fall, from a distance of course.”

The Doctor barely held in a laugh at her joke, “I am so impressive.”

“You wish.” Ella teased as he messed with knobs, levers, and wheels again.

“Right then, you asked for it, El. I know exactly where to go. Hold on!” This time the Tardis moved about like she always does, tossing Ella everywhere, just a normal Tuesday. Ella’s glasses had flown off her face in the jostle of time travel, so she had the Doctor looking for them since he was the only one who could see.

The Doctor took Ella five billion years in her future, the brunette was currently in Gallery 15 overlooking a familiar planet through the reinforced windows of Platform One.

Earth death in twenty minutes. Earth death in twenty minutes. The computerized voice of the platform blared over the entire station.

“So, everyone left?” Ella gazed down at her abandoned home, fully expecting to feel sadness but it was … empty. Mostly she felt relief, relief in the knowledge that it must end eventually, Liam can’t wait for me forever.

“Yes, when the population became too big of a problem to ignore, humanity packed up it’s bags and left for the stars, to find new Earths.” The Doctor explained, slowly walking up and stopping just behind her, staring at the back of her head.