XXX. Fallout

~unedited~

| |

Ella quickly sat up while her eyes darted around her room searching for the danger as Liam's face faded from her dreams. The girl was struggling trying to accept that the demonic face of Taludav and the flawless one of Liam Travers were the same people. She had woken up a few times during the night and each time was worse than the last, there was a gross feeling clinging to her skin that made her sick to her stomach. Finally, she had enough and jumped into the shower and scrubbed her body until it was red and raw, the feeling persisted so she slumped on the floor of her bathtub and let the water wash over her. She stared at a specific point in front of her, if she just concentrated on that spot then the rest of the universe could fade away into the background.

The brunette had thought back to the last time she felt this horrible, unable to sleep, the need for a billion showers because she was so disgusted with herself. She had just gotten out of the hospital after her extended stay and she was still dealing with the information that the doctors had given her. She got home and proceeded to drown herself in the shower but no matter how many she took she could still feel Liam's hands on her. Now, that feeling was back but it was worse than ever, because of Taludav. Ella didn't like the shadow when they first met and now, she was plagued with the truth and how close she had gotten to the shadow while it was posing as Liam.

Ella stared at that spot in front of her for a while longer and tried to rearrange the incoherent mess in her mind into real thoughts. She knew that she needed something, but she couldn't figure out what, Leon ... Ella didn't know why he crept into her mind just then. He was the last person she wanted to see but she thought about his smile that used to hold warmth and his grounding hugs that always made her feel real again. With her mind made up she hopped out of the shower and got dressed into fresh pajamas and went straight to the Doctor's room and swiftly knocked on the door. It took a few tries because the music coming from the room was quite loud for the late hour.

The Doctor had been tinkering away, keeping himself occupied so he didn't notice how Ella's thoughts had grown in noise. The last time he felt her thoughts she was happy or as happy as one could be with the kind of life they led and now it was all noise. Shouting angry lost and confused thoughts all at war with each other. The last thing he wanted to do was intrude because if she wanted to talk about it then she would, and she obviously didn't want to right now. When he finally answered the door, he gave her a confused scrunch of his eyebrows, "what is it?"

As quickly as she came to her decision, she changed her mind. "I can't sleep, do you wanna watch a movie?" As much as Ella missed the man her father used to be, she wasn't ready to confront what he is now. Suddenly she realized that Liam wasn't the only one she was running from on earth, she was also running from her father. Running from what he might say if they talked, afraid of how easily she would forgive him, she already noted her resolve weakening at the idea of getting to hug her dad again.

The Doctor took note of her still wet hair and fresh clothes, he nodded his head to her question and the two walked down the corridor to the movie room. "Any preferences," Ella handed a dart to him, indicating that she didn't care what they watched. He took the dart from her proffered hand and threw it at the wall of movie titles, he glanced at the title it landed on and got the movie out. Ever since Adam boarded the Tardis, he and Ella often got in arguments over what to watch during movie night. Rose gave the suggestion to pick something at random and their dart throwing system was born, obviously they use a magnetic dart because the Doctor was adamantly against poking holes in his ship.

The two settled on one of the couches in the center of the room and quietly fell into the fictionalized world of the film they were watching. After a couple of hours of movie watching, Ella could tell the Doctor was beginning to get antsy, she blindly reached under the couch and procured a broken gaming system. He quickly took the system and began fiddling with the wires. It was a pretty common occurrence for him to get bored, so the Tardis left broken devices around for him to fix. The humans complained too much when he 'upgraded' their phones.