XXIII

Mila walked down to the hall. "I'm here bîtches!" Mila heard a deep voice echo through the house. Mila gasped and rushed down the narrow hallway to find her cousins.

As she espied to the living room, she thought about her father and oldest brother. She hadn't seen her father anywhere for the past few days and she missed him. His warm cuddles, every morning kiss and all the cherished memories flooded back to her. The nostalgia hit her hard.

"Leo. Stop swearing." Alessandro's deep commanding voice broke her out of her thoughts.

She heard someone sigh. "He never stops." Liam's husky voice grunted. Her oldest cousin was the best yet he was extremely tense all the time.

"Anyway, we have a surprise for you?" Francesco grunted.

Leo clapped his hands together. "Is it chocolate?"

Mila tripped over her own sock but got back up in the excitement and rushed to the beige living room. There stood all of her five cousins from her dad's side. Liam, the oldest and most responsible one. Marco, the one Mila was scared of, his aura around him was always gruesome and disturbing. Matteo, Marco's twin and the one that can make anyone laugh at any time. Leo, best friends with Lorenzo because of their personalities. Last but not the least, Tony, he was best friends with Francesco and Gio because of his ghastly personality.

Mila stared at them, it had been a long time since she saw them and the last time was on a facetime call. She missed them a lot, even if they had probably forgotten her. Luciano watched the scene play out without saying anything.

Her cousins stared at her in disbelief, as if she wasn't real and some of them didn't want to experience the same heartbreak again and again.

"I-is that Mila?" Leo whispered as a lone tear slid down his pink cheek.

Luca cackled and shook his head at the dumb ass he called cousin. "No, it's a donkey. Of course, it's Mila, idiot."

"Language." Luciano gave Luca the death stare as he dared him to reply.

Luca grumbled under his breath. "Oh come on, it's a cute reunion. No free pass?" Luca mumbled. Luciano scrunched up his eyebrows and shook his head.

"No fucking way." Marco grunted. Her brothers and Liam stared at him blankly, knowing he wouldn't change even if the world was going to end.

Almost immediately, Mila was tackled into a bone crushing hug by Liam, Matteo and Leo. her heart broke as she saw Tony and Marco standing there watching the reunion. She really wanted to hug them but what would happen if they rejected her?

Matteo sniffled. "I missed you heaps, kitten."

"I'm never letting you go ever again. I love you so much." Leo cried as murmurs of agreement passed around the house.

"Don't think I can leave anyway." Mila joked.

"Bad joke, sweetheart." Liam shook his head in disapproval as Mila whispered a meek 'sorry'.

Mila noticed the large amount of suitcases her cousins brought with them and gasped dramatically.

She flopped onto the soft couch and groaned. "Are you guys staying for another year."

"Yes, how did you know?" Leo mocked. Mila rolled her eyes as she got glares from her brothers and cousins. The cherry on top was that he rolled her eyes again, just to annoy them.

"Learned some bad habits, haven't you?" Liam questioned. Mila gave him a cheeky grin.

"Mila, stop doing that. It's a bad habit, that you should most definitely stop or else there'll be consequences. I've warned you multiple times." Luciano stated. "Moving on, there will be a family trip that we will all be attending. A ball will also be held there, so you should make sure you have suitable clothing and behave appropriately. Mila, you will be able to bring a few of your friends." Luciano pinched the bridge of his nose and he heard multiple complaints from his brothers. "Riccardo's orders, if you want anything take it up with him." With that it became eerily calm.

Mila went to hug Matteo and Tony, but they left as soon as they saw her walking towards them. Mila felt a pang of heartbreak loom over her heart. She knew that they were probably tired from the long journey they had so she decided to hug them later or whenever they felt like it.

She dragged Luca to her room and called her friends.

"Oliver, Noah and Elijah! Listen, you have to come to my house tomorrow morning. We are going on a holiday and my brother said I could invite friends." Mila exclaimed as she saw Elijah and Oliver pop up on the screen.

"Yes! Oliver, if you come, thisi trip would be a blast!" Luca squealed and clapped his hands.

Oliver laughed. "Yeah sure."

"Ah hum, what am I, trash?" Elijah questioned.

"I want you to come Elijah but you know Luca doesn't really know who you are." Mila laughed and cast him a small smile.

Elijah studied her and frowned. "What happened?" He grunted. Oliver and Luca sat there completely puzzled, they had no idea what he was talking about.

Mila pretended to be confused. "What?"

"Tell me, I have to murder someone." Elijah cracked his knuckles. Mila grinned.

She huffed. "I have a whole hit list for you." She smirked as Luca walked out of the door to get a snack.

"What is going on?" Oliver scowled. "What happened to my little Mila?" he knitted his eyebrows together and glanced back and forth at Mila and his brother.

"Nothing, now go." Elijah grumbled. Oliver left but not before he narrowed his eyes at his friend and brother and grumbled something under his breath."

"You have to tell me tomorrow." Elijah emphasised his sentence and pointed at Mila.

Mila sighed, knowing he would eventually find out anyway. It wasn't even a big deal. She kept lying to herself. She closed her computer as Luca returned with a bunch of popcorn in his hands.

"Movie time!" He yelled. "I brought some company as well." Liam, Marco and Leo walked in through the black door.

"I'm here to spend some quality time with my little cous'." Leo rolled his eyes at his brothers' statement.

Leo scrunched up his face. "We all are, idiot."

Liam closed his eyes briefly as he tried to compose himself. "Lets just watch."

They spent their day watching a lot of movies and getting fat from all of the popcorn they ate. After all, caramel popcorn did taste amazing.

Finally, after a long timeeee