X

Mila's heart pounded, she was a rebellious child growing up but facing the wrath of Alessandro was a total different story. She stood in shock for a few minutes. How did he know it was her? Mila finally mustered up the courage and walked inside with her head high, as if she wasn't caught eavesdropping on their conversation. But, she was a naturally curious person.

She walked into a dark room that was filled with odd vibes. It definitely wasn't a room she would want to enter. There was a couch, desk, and a door inside the room. It was so simple, yet unique. Riccardo and Vincenzo sat on the black couch, while Alessandro was on his desk.

She sat down in the chair near his desk. Mila felt like a naughty child who got sent to the principal's office.

"What were you doing?" Alessandro narrowed his cold eyes at her.

Mila quickly thought of a response. She knew she got caught red-handed, so why was he asking her all of these questions?

"I was admiring the door." She kept a blank face, mirroring Alessandro's. Vincenzo and Riccardo let out tiny chuckles, whilst trying to keep a straight face, during their awkward encounter.

Alessandro's lips tugged upwards, ever so slightly. His eyes twinkled with amusement, which only encouraged Mila.

"Really?" He asked. She absentmindedly, nodded. "Alright then. What colour was the door?"

This was the time she knew she fûcked up. "Busted." Vincenzo muttered under his breath.

She slyly tried to turn her head to look at the door. Unfortunately, Alessandro's eyes were trained on her, studying every movement. With one pointed look from Alessandro, she gave up.

"Grey?" Her response came out more like a question. It was a logical guess, after all the room was surrounded in dark colours.

"Are you one-hundred percent sure?" Vincenzo asked, teasing her further.

"What is this? A maths test?" Mila scoffed, which didn't go unnoticed by Riccardo and Alessandro. Riccardo simply raised his eyebrows and Alessandro fisted his hands.

"Oi! Be serious, Mila." Riccardo scolded.

Alessandro sighed. "Mila, it's my fault, I haven't given you rules yet. But, you need to understand that eavesdropping is never a good idea. Okay?" He smiled softly, trying to persuade her.

"Of course. Sorry, I am a naturally curious person." Mila shrugged.

They all sighed, simultaneously. Not many people dared to talk back to them, so this was very new to them and if they did it was an immediate death penalty.

"Of course. I understand, everyone is naturally curious. People want to know what's happening all of the time. However, sometimes curiosity can lead to your downfall. Haven't you heard of the saying, curiosity killed the cat?" Alessandro questioned.

"Yes, big brother, I have. But haven't you heard of the saying, satisfaction brought it back?" Mila asked, smirking cheekily. This was the final straw for Alessandro, but before he could blow up Riccardo bet home to it.

"Look, Mila. Sometimes it's best if you don't know things." Mila was about to give him another snarky remark, but realised she did the wrong thing.

"Sorry." She smiled sheepishly. She wasn't going to give up, but she also wasn't going to defy her brothers' orders.

"It's fine, honey. Just don't do it again." Vincenzo smiled. Mila nodded, in return.

"Great." Alessandro nodded in acknowledgment to his sisters' answer.