Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

" There's a tree. It's larger than all the others. It stands tall above them." She depicted.

" Like that?" Anakin asked. When Ahsoka opened her eyes she saw what Anakin was pointing to. It was the tree from her vision.

" Yes. That's it. Look down there, see there's the ship!"

" You did good Snips. Go tell the boy's that we're going to get our Captain back." He didn't have to tell her a second time.

     Krell ripped the patch protecting Rex's cut off.

" Well Captain, thanks to you I'm going to have to do a rush job." He didn't bother to numb him this time. The surgical droid came over with all sorts of instruments.

" Hold still or this will be extremely painful," the droid warned. Rex braced himself for pain. The moment the cold metal made contact with his unhealed flesh it caused an immense amount of excruciating pain. This time he couldn't hold back a yell.

     " So where's Rex?" Fives asked once they were all on the sandy shores.

" He's somewhere on this strip of land." Ahsoka informed recalling her vision. " This way." She led the men across the stretch of beach to the forest part. She waited impatiently for her master.

" Skyguy, hurry up!" she hollered.

Anakin was hopping on a single foot with one of his boots in the other. " It's not my fault the sand got in my boot." he grunted while shaking the annoying minuscule pebbles out of his shoe.

Ahsoka gave him a 'really' look.

" What?" he asked, putting his boot back on.

Ahsoka sighed, " You're impossible."

They ran through the thickness of the brush until they came to what seemed to be an abandoned Separatist base.

" He's in there."

" Let's go get him then." Hardcase headed for the entrance.

Inside was operational. It was as if it were still being used up to date.

" Well the outside could surely throw someone off." Jesse glanced around comparing the differences.

Ahsoka was busy trying to sense Rex, however it didn't take a Jedi to hear an agonizing scream coming from down the corridor.

" Was that the Captain?" Tup asked, hoping it wasn't. Although, deep down he knew it was.

Ahsoka didn't hesitate to sprint down the hallway.

" Ahsoka wait!" She heard her master cry from far behind, yet she continued to run.

     Rex's head was throbbing more than it ever had. Krell had left once he sensed the Jedi were near. That just left him with the medical droid who was finishing the procedure. It had placed something inside his head. An inhibitor chip is what the droid called it. He was on the brink of losing consciousness when the door busted open.

" Soka." He hadn't said her name in a while. He watched as she slashed the droid with her saber.

" Rex, are you okay?" She gently removed the straps binding him to the chair. She caught him just as he fell unconscious. She cradled him in her arms looking at all of his wounds that he had gotten over the past couple of days.

" There you are Ahsoka, next time don't..." Anakin stopped talking abruptly. Ahsoka was on the floor with a very injured Rex in her arms. He saw a tear fall from her cheek and land on Rex's chest.

" Kix! Get in here!" he shouted to the medic.

Kix ran into the med bay and immediately went straight over to Rex.

" Sorry Commander, but I'm gonna have to ask you to give me some space," he ordered.

Ahsoka let go of him and stood next to Anakin and the others.

" Is he going to be okay?" Tup looked to Fives for reassurance.

" I don't know, Tup," he admitted to his younger brother.

Hardcase's expression was blank for the first time in a long while.

Jesse had never been so scared for Rex's life since he was shot on their mission to capture Grievous.

" He's going to be fine. He's going to need a lot of time to recover, but I'm gonna have to examine him further back on the Resolute, other than that he'll live." Kix gave his conclusions.

Ahsoka let out a sigh of relief, she hadn't realized that she had been holding her breath in since Kix took over. Anakin places his arm around her. " Hear that Snips, he's going to be okay."

" Yeah. Thank the force." She truly meant it.

" General, can you help me take him back to the ship?" Kix asked.

Ahsoka stood next to where Rex had been tortured by Krell. It made her infuriated that he had gotten away. She swore to herself that when they found him, she would make him pay.

She watched as Kix and Anakin moved Rex onto a stretcher. Just as she was about to follow them out a bright gleam caught her eye. She quickly went over to see what it was.

Sitting in the corner was a beautiful diamond ring. Ahsoka's heart nearly stopped. She picked it up from the ground and held it in her hand. She looked harder and noticed that there were words carved into the side of it.

My Cyar'ika

" Rex," she choked out.

She clasped a hand over her mouth from pure shock.

He was going to propose.

She decided not to bring it up until after he recovered. Right now he needed her.

Wow, long chapter: 1503 words. Normally the chapters won't be as long but I needed to get things moving along. I was able to work on this last night but most likely from now on updates will be later during the day, I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! 

Love,

-Chopper457 💙🧡🤍