Chapter Eighty-Seven

Ahsoka lifted her chin that was tucked into her chest. Her head hurt for an odd reason that she couldn't remember clearly. Her vision was blurry, but she slowly blinked it away only to become aware that she was sitting on the ground, hands behind her which were secured by binders connected to the pilot's seat. Next to her was Rex in the same position, just starting to stir.

" Finally up?" a familiar, but still unrecognizable voice asked.

Ahsoka glared at the person standing in the corner of the cockpit, her lightsaber attached to his belt like some prize he had won.

" Who are you and what do you want with us?" She sat up straighter, trying to show him that she wasn't scared of the situation even if she wasn't in the position to be making demands.

The man huffed out a dry laugh, walking closer to her.

" I'm here for him." He nodded towards Rex. " Though, you could possibly bring me a bonus." That earned him a disgusted glare from the young Togruta.

Ahsoka studied him. He was definitely a Mandalorian, but something about him was off. The way he didn't kill her while she was asleep. Most bounty hunters would have taken that route if their target wasn't alone.

" So you're a bounty hunter," she stated, giving him an unimpressed look.

The green armored man shrugged. " You could say that."

Rex shook off the drowsiness that impacted him. His senses came back to see that Ahsoka was making conversation with their new captor. The one that stunned him.

Rex listened as she argued, freezing when the male spoke up. The voice, it was his own, but much...younger.

" You, you're coming with me." The sentence was directed towards him. The Captain looked up, meeting a helmeted face.

" You're a clone," he hissed, trying to keep the venom out of his tone, but it was hard knowing that he was betrayed by yet another brother.

The man took offence to the words. " I'm no clone!" he snapped, taking his helmet off.

Both Rex and Ahsoka stared in shock at the rather, very young Mandalorian.

" Well if you're not a clone then who are you?" the Padawan questioned the very clone looking boy.

" The name's Boba and that's all you need to know."

Rex thought hard. He heard the name before back on Kamino. There were rumors going around that Jango Fett (the template for their existence), had taken on a son. He had researched the matter a while back, but only knew one clone that was created before any batch. The clone, code named Alpha.

" Jango Fetts' kid?" he asked out loud, causing Boba to tense up.

So it was true.

" He was my father. He cared about me...that was until you-" he turned to Ahsoka, fists clenched tightly, -" you people took him from me!"

Ahsoka remembered now. Boba Fett. The kid she had met on a mission to Florrum accompanied by Plo Koon. Mace Windu had killed his father, resulting in the much younger Boba to team up with Aurra Sing to hunt him down to kill him. No wonder he developed a hatred towards Jedi, but not all of them were like Master Windu. Anakin and her being the farthest.

" I'm sorry," she whispered, not knowing what else to say.

Boba shot down her apology. " It doesn't matter now. What's done is done," he said quietly but firmly.

He was different, that was for sure. She recalled him from the hologram not being able to kill Ponds. He wasn't a coldblooded murderer. He cared to an extent, giving them a chance.

Ahsoka cleared her throat. " Look, if it's money you're after, we can find a way to pay you-more than what the Kaminoans are offering." Rex nudged her, but she continued. " Just please, don't take him back there."

" And why should I listen to you?" Boba scoffed, raising an eyebrow.

" Yeah, 'Soka. What are you doing?" Rex said in a low tone. He didn't want her making the person holding them captive angry. That would make her chances of survival lower, especially when this one hated Jedi with a passion.

" Because, Rex is my family. I don't want to lose him. If you take him back, the Kaminoans will extract what they need and then kill him. By taking him to Kamino, you'll be sealing his death, making you no better than Mace Windu or the Kaminoans." Ahsoka bit her lip. Maybe that was too much, but it was worth a try.

Boba grimaced. He knew what the Jedi was doing, yet something inside him was telling him she was right. He had his chance to kill her, get vengeance for his buir. The clone captain wasn't his brother, but somehow he hesitated.

He set his blaster back to live rounds and pointed it at Ahsoka's face, finger resting on the trigger.

Ahsoka closed her eyes, ready for what was to come.

Rex's eyes widened. " Wait-no!"

" Never compare me to Mace Windu." Boba snarled, slipping his helmet back over his head before letting his finger pull the trigger.

Sorry, I tried to get this out yesterday, but my internet went out, but here it is now!