Chapter Forty-One

The Twilight landed on Kamino's grounds. The rain beat down on the surface. Anakin, Obi Wan and Cody hustled through the rain to the entrance. Once inside they carefully recomposed themselves.

" So, how are we going to do this, Sir?" Cody asked his Generals, his thoughts on his lost brother were making him overwhelmed.

" First we need to find Ahsoka, then-" before Anakin could finish saying his plan, Ahsoka came running towards them.

" Master!" she said breathlessly. " He's-he's hurt, pl-ease we-we need to help him."

" How do you know this Ahsoka?" Obi Wan placed a comforting hand on his grandpadawan's shoulder.

" I heard him. I don't know how, but we don't have much time." she quickly explained.

    Rex woke up to the feeling of soreness. It took him a minute to remember what had happened exactly. He rubbed the spot on his head where Krell had slammed him with his saber hilt. That was definitively gonna leave a bruise if one hadn't already formed. He was alone again.

Rex sat up straighter despite the pain he was feeling. That's when he noticed that his cell door was wide open. He skeptically stood up and stumbled out of enclosed area.  

" This has to be a trap." he mumbled to himself, but continued to follow the tunnel path out. He found the ladder and carefully climbed up it. He grunted in pain as his ribs poked at his lungs. 

He stopped moving when he heard the sound of a gun click.

" Who's there!" Rex felt relieved when he recognized the man's voice.

" Kix!"

" Rex?" Kix dropped his blasters and saw that his Captain was clinging onto the ladder, clearly having a hard time pulling himself up.

" You're a sight for sore eyes." the Captain chuckled, glad to see his brother again.

Kix helped him up and set him down on the medical table. He shook his head at his injuries.

" You need to rest as soon as possible Cap, that's an order. " Rex rolled his eyes, leave it to Kix to use his status as a medic to order his superior officers around.

" I would love to rest, but we're kinda in the middle of something big." Rex's thoughts went to his cyar'ika. " Where's Ahsoka?"

" Don't worry brother, she's outside meeting up with the General." he informed.

" General Skywalker? That means...we need to get out there." Rex panicked, getting up to fast that Kix had to stable him.

The medic slung an arm around his shoulder so he could put some of his weight on him. " Slow down Rex, you're hurt. What's going on anyways. What did they want with you?"

" They wanted to use me for tests. All us clones are apart of a plan... a plan orchestrated by the Chancellor himself, to take over the galaxy."

All the pieces finally clicked in Kix's mind. " The chips, the inhibitor chips in our heads is what will make us carry out the order. I knew that much, but I didn't know that the Chancellor was the mastermind behind it call." 

" We need to see General Skywalker immediately-" Rex started as the lights flickered on and off, eventually shutting all the way down.

" Power's out. Either the storm or something else did it. I'm gonna have to go with the second option." Kix said as he manually opened the door just enough to see through the crack of it. 

Loud footsteps echoed through the empty halls. Red flashing light colored the dark corridors. A tall shadow moved past the center hall. Kix watched as a set of daulsabers ignited.

Sorry it's late. I literally couldn't think of anything to write, then I burned my finger on a straightener and it hurt like hell....it's been a lovely night.

Happy Tuesday!

-Chopper457 🧡💙🤍