Chapter Sixty-Six

Rex's heart stopped beating. Cody's words were like a shot to his heart. He was brought back to reality by the click of a blaster.

" This way." one of the guards pointed the blaster at Jesse's head. " Move it."

" Where are you taking me." Jesse resisted the grasp of the other clones, but was unsuccessful to get free, not that he would have gotten away anyways.

" You are to be executed as soon as the Jedi have been separated." Jesse's stomach flipped. So that was how he would die. Getting shot by his own brothers. He never in a million years thought that he would go out that way.

" Get moving!"

Rex started shaking from anger. It was all Palpatine's fault, Krell's fault, the Kaminoan's fault that his family was being torn from him.

" No! Jesse!" he lunged at the troopers, though not sure what it would have done. He knocked one of the clones to the floor only for it to irritate him.

" Enough!" Cody shouted, backhanding Rex in the face. " It's no use, Rex. You will join your soon to be dead cyar'ika." he then turned to the men holding a fuming Jesse. " Take him to the airlock and make sure Skywalker or Kenobi knows of his whereabouts. I know them and they're bound to come looking for these two."

" Yes sir." both gave a quick salute, leading Jesse out of the brig.

" No, Cody, I'm begging you, don't do this! You're better than this. You know this isn't right. It's that stupid chip, we're your brothers!" Rex cried. Cody stepped back, placing a hand to his head.

" Rex..I'm-I'm try..ing, can't- no..." he stumbled in confusion. Rex wanted to rush over to him and tell him it was going to be okay, but it only took a few seconds for the chip to regain full control again making him turn back into a mindless soldier, " No you're wrong. I'm doing this for the Republic! The one you betrayed." he sneered.

The captain let out a huff. Almost, but not enough.

     Ahsoka could feel Rex's emotions through the force. She had learned to do it ever since Krell, which was becoming more and more useful. Though she didn't feel his pain, she did pick up his sorrow and guilt.

" Rex." she was coming for him. She wouldn't let him get hurt again.

" Snips, over here." Anakin waved for her to move to the other side of the hallway. A group of clones marched by. " I wonder where they're going ."

" You think they might be going to the brig?" Ahsoka whispered.

Anakin shrugged, " Maybe, let's follow them."

The two trailed after the group, staying feet behind so they wouldn't be noticed. Anakin watched as they missed the turn to the brig and kept walking the path to the back of the Resolute.

" Master, I thought you said that they were being held in the brig." Ahsoka stopped running. Perhaps the clones they were following were the wrong ones.

" I thought they were." Anakin began to feel uneasy. He swore he heard that they were taken there.

" Master..." she resisted the urge to fight with him. If he was right then Rex and Jesse would still be there, or they were already...no she couldn't think like that. Rex was alive and she knew that, but how long depended on her.

" We should-'' Ahsoka was pulled back as a hand pressed her against the wall. Anakin lifted his finger to his lips as another group of clones came from the brigs corridor.

" You're gonna be real sorry when I'm through with you!" a gruff voice shouted, seeming extremely aggravated.

" I'd like to see you try." another voice clapped back, taking no time to put the other back into place.

Ahsoka's montral's perked up.

" Master, it's Jesse." she mouthed to Anakin who was standing on the other side of her. He only nodded and continued to listen, until they were further down.

" If Jesse's there then where's Rex?" he asked quietly.

" Maybe he's still in the brig. I'll go check. You follow Jesse." Ahsoka started to get up, but was stopped by a light touch.

" Ahsoka, are you sure that's a good idea. What if it's a trap or if Rex is..." Anakin didn't dare finish his sentence.

" Anakin, please let me do this. I have to be sure. After everything that's happened, I can't just give up on him this easily." she pleaded.

He understood. It would be cruel of him to not allow his padawan to seek out her significant other. He would be hypocritical to tell her that her feelings were getting in the way of her judgement. " Alright. Be careful, Snips. I expect to see you and Rex after."

" Thank you, Master." she got back up again and took off towards the one way hall.

Spoilers for the Bad Batch below

Happy Friday!

-Chopper457 💙🧡🤍

Today's episode was def a filler, but still good. I felt so bad for Crosshair in that one scene when they got back to their old room. And Wrecker was so sweet to make Omega her own room, he even gave her lula, which was just the point where I lost it. I watched a video saying that when he hit his head in the crash that it activated his chip or something. Bro I swear if we lose Wrecker too, I don't think I'll be able to function the rest of my life.