Chapter Sixty-Eight

Jesse glared at the troopers around him. Though they didn't have a choice, it didn't make him less hostile towards them. Instinct was all he knew and getting captured was not good, especially when he was being led to his death.

" If I had my hands, I could take you all down in a matter of seconds." he retorted. If he was gonna die, then he wasn't gonna do it without making a scene...a conversation that he and Fives had while back was starting to actually come to use.

" Would you shut up?" the one on his left jabbed him in the back with his gun, causing him to shutter at the brief pain.

He was about to yell at the shiny who had the nerve to tell him off, when a slight movement out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. The figure signaled to him, which he understood immediately.

Jesse slowed his walk and turned to the guards escorting him.

" If I were you, I would get out of here." a small devious smile spread across his face.

" I thought I told you to shut up!" the same trooper snapped, to which Jesse only shook his head at the remark. He stopped in his tracks completely.

" Don't say I didn't try to warn you."

" What did you just say to-" a loud smack caused the clone to break his train of words. He crumbled to the ground and laid sprawled out.

The other three started to shoot, but the person was too quick for them. It wasn't long until all four were knocked out.

" Thanks for the assist, sir." Jesse rubbed his wrists as the binders were cut off.

" Just in time, as always." Anakin smirked, returning his saber that he didn't have to use back onto his belt.

The ARC just then noticed that he had missed a lot since being captured. His first thoughts went to Ahsoka who was normally close by whenever the general was. " So where's Commander Tano?"

" She's going after Rex. I doubt it will take much longer. We should be heading back t-"

" You sent her alone!?" he exclaimed.

Anakin was taken aback at his reaction, but only for a split second before worry took over.

" Jesse, what's wrong."

" I-It's Cody. He set a trap for her. He's gonna use Rex for bait. How long ago did she leave?" he quickly asked, concerned for his vod'ika's life.

Anakin grimaced. He knew it was a trap, but yet he still let her go. It was all his fault if she got hurt. " About twenty minutes ago. If we hurry, she might still be trying to find the right cell." his brain came up with all the possibilities that were the most unlikely.

" I sure hope so." Jesse said, grabbing his bucket.

     "Ahsoka, no!" a voice inside her head shouted.

Ahsoka tried to jump out of the way, but she couldn't move. It was as if every muscle in her body were frozen in place.

Cody chuckled, stepping out of the shadows. " I guess it was easier than I expected." he stepped over to her. " Rex said you were smart, but I guess he was wrong." he shrugged.

Ahsoka tried to find a snarky remark to answer back, but all she could get out was a few loose words through gritted teeth.

" Don't you dare touch her!" Rex shouted.

Cody didn't seem to care. All he did was throw another punch to his face, making the captain fall to the ground.

" Don't worry, you'll be next." he gave his attention back to the Jedi that he had in his procession. " I'm gonna make this fast for your sake." he pulled out his blaster and pressed it to her chest.

" Cody...please." Ahsoka was able to speak, making eye contact with her once friend...her brother.

" Good bye, Ahsoka Tano." he placed a finger on the trigger.

Rex shook his head and looked up to see Cody with his blaster to his cyar'ika. His heart was racing and he couldn't calm it. His anger that had been building up suddenly went away, but not far. He felt something inside snap, but it also felt so natural. The cuffs restraining him broke like they never had a lock on them in the first place.

" What the..."