Chapter Seventy-Six

Ahsoka froze. She really messed up. Sure she was going to tell him, but this was not the way she thought he would find out. She shifted in place as the two sets of eyes waited for her response.

" I-um..yes." she stammered. She watched as Padme broke into a wide smile, bringing her hands to her mouth, while Anakin on the other end looked like he had just seen a force ghost.

" I'm so happy for you, Ahsoka!" Padme gave the girl a warm hug. " So, when's the wedding?"

" Now wait just a second." Anakin finally snapped out of his own thoughts. " When did this even happen?"

" About an hour ago actually." Ahsoka casually said, hoping that her Master wouldn't go full overprotective brother on her.

" An hour!?" he exclaimed, his face flushed. " Ahsoka, it's too soon. What are you, like fifteen, sixteen?" he ranted.

The padawan's face furrowed, " Master, I'm seventeen." she crossed her arms, glaring at the man.

" Anakin, you were nineteen when you married me." Padme raised a disapproving eyebrow at her husband's reasoning.

" You're not helping." he muttered, " Look, Snips, I just don't want you to rush into anything. Rex is a great man and soldier, but you need to think these things over. How long have you even been dating?"

" Long enough and I have thought this through." Ahsoka huffed.

Padme watched as the tenseness between the student and teacher grow by the minute.

" Alright, everyone, bed. Now. We can discuss this in the morning." she placed a hand on both of their shoulders, turning them in direction of their rooms. 

" What, but Padme, I'm just-" he stopped talking when his wife shot him a look. " Right, morning...if I'm even here." he added the last part barely above a whisper before disappearing into his room.

" Ahsoka, I want to let you know that I am very proud of you." she said to the Togruta once she was sure that the knight couldn't hear her. " You know Anakin. He's happy for you too, but doesn't show it the same...he'll come around."

Ahsoka gave the senator a gracious smile. " Thanks Padme." she wished her a good night, as sleep was already starting to claim her.

     Anakin woke up the next morning while it was still dark outside. He glanced over at his wife who was beside him in bed, still sleeping peacefully. He leaned over and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before quietly sneaking out.

He exited the apartment and made his way to the clone barracks. He let himself in.

The clones were all sleeping soundly, except for loud snores coming from Fives. Anakin held in a sigh, remembering how he could never sleep on missions with the ARC because of the sound. He truly did wonder how his brother did it. 

He went to the mess in the back and found the trooper he was looking for sitting at a table with a cup of caf.

" Rex." he said upon entering, startling the captain.

" G-General?" Rex immediately looked up from his datapad. " What are you doing here?" he checked the time. It wasn't even 0600 yet.

" I wanted to see you." Anakin sat down across from him. Rex respectfully placed the datapad on the table and gave his Jedi his attention.

" Sir?"

" I wanted to see if you wanted to..spare."

A feeling was telling Rex that something was up, but he couldn't figure out what.

" Uh sure, sir. The training room is right next to us."

On the short walk there, Rex could feel some of his general's emotions. He was starting to think maybe sparring was a bad idea.

" Right here, sir." Rex stopped outside of the room, opening the large doors revealing a rather decent size training room.

" Great." Anakin took off his robe as Rex also began to take off the parts of his armor he still had on.

They stood on the mat. Anakin bowed before taking the first lunge at the captain.

From that moment, Rex knew why he was there.

Kriff.

Run Rex. Run for the hills!

How's everyone's summer, or school day? It's so hot where I live, well actually the weather changes a lot. Some days it's really cool and then it's extremely hot or one day there's snow and the next it's suddenly July. Anyways it's been on and off rain with 85 degree temperatures. I'm more of a cold and rain person. It's just so much nicer to be outside in and also inside cuz then it's cozy. I wish I lived somewhere where that type of weather is all year round.

I hope everyone is having great day!

-Chopper457 💙🧡🤍