Chapter Forty-Seven

Obi Wan watched as the once Jedi Master, fall to the ground. One last heave of air left him before he slumped lifeless at the younger man's feet. Cody had also fallen, but to Obi Wan's relief he was still alive and breathing. 

" Kix?" he turned his attention back to the one who had killed the Master before the life of the 212th Commander was about to be ended.

Kix deactivated the vibrant green saber and placed it genitally on the floor. He backed away from the Jedi's weapon. He felt awkward to have had been wielding such a item, and the fact that he had just killed a Jedi for the matter, made him uneasy. Even if it was Krell, who had it coming.

" Kix?" this time it was Cody. The older clone placed a hand on the medic's shoulder, snapping him back to reality. " Kix, are you okay?" he asked again with a softer tone.

Kix shook his head, " Yeah, I'm fine. What about you, you were the one who was almost killed." he redirected the focus back to his older brother.

" I'm fine now, thanks to you." Cody showed him much gratitude. He gave a sideways glance his General who was staring hard at the corpse below him.

" General Kenobi?" the first in command asked. 

Obi Wan stroked his beard, thinking hard. He couldn't believe that Krell was dead. He didn't even feel him slip away in the force, though it made since and all, but he was still surprised. Another thing that shocked him was that he didn't feel grief for him either. He heard Cody talking to him and immediately looked up at the two clones that were with him.

" Kix, I'm glad you showed up when you did." was all he could think of saying. He then remembered that the medic had used a lightsaber to complete the kill. He bent down and picked up the familiar saber.

" Where did you get Ahsoka's lightsaber from?" he asked. He hoped that she was doing okay. The last he saw of her was prior to his duel with Krell. He hadn't heard from her since.

Kix almost read his concerns. " She gave it to me before she went to meet you and General Skywalker." he responded. " She told me to keep it just in case I encountered Krell." he explained.

" Wait, so if you're here, then where's Ahsoka?" Obi Wan cocked his eyebrow.

" I don't know, Sir. Shortly after she left, Rex showed up-"

" Rex? Is he okay." Cody interjected.

" Rex is okay, Cody, at least he was the last time I saw him. He was in no condition to fight, so we split up. He went to gather more information on Chancellor Palpatine and I assembled some of the more experienced clones into groups who are ready for orders." 

" Very good Kix. I appreciate everything you've done." Obi Wan nodded his thanks to him. " I think we should--"

A loud rumbled shook beneath them; so powerful that they lost their balance and relied on the walls to keep from losing footing.

" What was that?!" he questioned as soon as the rumbling came to a halt. The emergency lights in the hallways were no use now. Obi Wan turned his blue saber on, along with Ahsoka's, which gave them enough light to see around them.

" I don't know. I didn't think that there was anything other than the depths of water under us." Cody recalled from his life on Kamino, never hearing another part of the design other what appeared or was told.

Kix, however, was not so clueless. He first thoughts went to the secret tunnel that he had found with Ahsoka.

" No, it can't be." he stuttered, but it all was clear. The shaking came from under them, which could only mean one solution. " Rex, please no." he breathed.