Chapter 28

I ran from the house, tears making my vision blurry. I heard Clay call my name from the front door but I was already out of sight. I didn't slow down as I made my way out of our neighborhood. I couldn't believe Clay would do something like this. He was acting completely normal as of yesterday, and why did Nick try and help him? Tears continued pouring from my eyes as I started to walk.

I walked for what seemed like ages until I finally arrived at the large hill that led to AJ's. I walked up it, my calves burning. I made my way up until I reached the top. I walked up AJ's front steps and rang the doorbell, my entire hand still shaking. Within seconds the door opened to reveal AJ, his facial expression worried as he made eye contact.

"George, what happened?" He asked. I broke down. Tears coming faster than I could comprehend. My sobs growing louder as my hands shook more. I collapsed into AJ's arms, letting myself cry into his shoulder.

He wrapped his arms around my neck as I cried. His fingers ran up and down my back as I sobbed into him. He pulled away from me and took my right hand. He led me upstairs and into his room, shutting the door behind him. We sat down on his bed.

"George what happened?" He asked as he looked over at me.

I kept my head down as I spoke, "Nick wanted me to come over to help him fix his pc, and I just got this like bad feeling. I ran home and opened the door to my room to see Clay and his ex making out." I put my head in my hands and sobbed. I didn't know why Clay had done it. He never really loved me did he. He was just mistaking it for a friendship.

"Oh George I'm so sorry. Come here." He stuck out his arms for me to fall into. I kept my head in my hands as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I felt sick as I cried.

I felt myself overheating. My face was burning as tears continued to fall.

"Do you have a t-shirt I could borrow? This sweatshirt is hot." AJ nodded and stood up, walking towards the dresser. He pulled out a black t-shirt with the band Arctic Monkeys on the front. I pulled off my sweatshirt revealing my bare torso, and pulled the shirt over my head.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something? You need to take your mind off things." I nodded and looked at AJ. His facial expression still showed how concerned he was as he reached up and wiped a tear away with his thumb.

His hands made his way down to my shoulder. He rubbed up and down to try and calm me down. His eyes then locked onto my forearm. His fingers traced the scars running across my wrist.

I looked up at him, a feeling of embarrassment rushing through my body. He made eye contact with me before a frown appeared across his face. He then looked down at his own wrist and rolled up his sleeve, revealing scars spread throughout.

"I know how it feels too man." He said quietly, still looking down. We pulled each other in for a hug as we sat on the bed. I never expected AJ and I to have so much in common. If I hadn't met him, I don't know where I would have gone after what happened at Clay's.

I then felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I took it out to see I had been getting a phone call from Clay. I watched as it rang, the profile picture of a funny picture he had sent me last year looking back at me through the phone. Part of me wanted to answer, but I couldn't bring myself to. I watched as it stopped, before seeing the notification pop up that he had left a voicemail. It started to ring again, this time being Nick. I threw my phone at AJ's pillow as the ringtone continued.

"Movie?" AJ asked. I nodded in agreement as we made our way to the beanbags that had been positioned in front of the tv.

As AJ chose a movie, I heard my phone going off again, this time I was being bombarded with messages. I stood up and put my phone on silent, getting a quick glance at the messages.