Chapter 1

I wake up to aggressive pounding on my door. I look at my clock and realize it's 6:30.

"Get the fuck up George or you'll be late" my dad screamed through the door.

I rolled out of bed and went into my bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. "I look like a mess" I thought to myself. I walked out of my bathroom and started to dig through my closet, trying to find a good shirt to wear. I decided on a plain blue shirt with some black sweatpants. I didn't care how I looked considering nobody really noticed me. I moved to this town from the UK right before 8th grade, and now i'm starting 10th. I only really had a few friends, Clay and Nick being my closest, although they still didn't know a whole lot about my life. I walked back into my bathroom to brush my hair, since it had been sticking up in the back.

"Morning George." My younger brother Henry said to me as I walked out of my room. Today was Henry's first day of 8th grade, and I could tell he was pretty nervous.

"Good morning Henry." I respond back as we walked into the kitchen, seeing my dad already starting on his alcohol for the day.

"George make your brother breakfast, I gotta go to work, and would you change your clothes? You look fucking homeless"

"Good morning to you too dad, and I will not be changing my clothes since I look perfectly fine. Thanks for your suggestion though." I say, as I smirk at Henry, who smiles back.

"Stop talking back to me you little shit. Now do what I said or i'll beat your ass." He responds back as he stumbles out of the kitchen to the front door.

"Like he could beat my ass, look at the way he's walking, Henry." I say to my brother as I look in the cabinets for some cereal for both of us. Henry giggles as he sits at one of the chairs at the kitchen table.

"Are you excited for school?" Henry asks as he scrolls through something on his phone.

"Not really, I mean, who would be?" I say as I walk over to the table and put a bowl with Honey Nut Cheerios in front of Henry and myself.

"Yea, I'm not too excited either, Matt and I have some classes together though, which is pretty much the only good part," Matt was Clay's younger brother, and also Henry's best friend, "do you and Clay have any classes together?" he asks as he starts slowly eating his cereal.

"Yea actually I think we have pretty much the same schedule this year, I'm not sure about me and Nick though." I say as I slowly eat my cereal, savoring every bite, since I knew there wouldn't be much food left when I get home today.

As Henry and I finished our cereal, it was getting pretty close to the time we had to leave for school, so we put our dishes in the sink and slipped our shoes on.

"Got everything?" I asked Henry as he put his backpack on.

"Yea I think so." He responded back as he opened the front door. I walked out into the chilly early morning, and turned around to lock the door behind me. Henry and I started off on our walk towards the middle school, since I did not have my license yet.

"Georgie I miss mom." Henry then said, looking up at me.

"I know buddy I do too," I said back, as I looked up at the sky, "we have each other though, and that's what matters most." I said as I patted him on the head.

Our mother had gotten really sick back in the UK, and passed away when I was 11. Our dad was always a dick to Henry and I, but he's gotten worse now that our mom wasn't there to make it better. Our father then packed us up and took us on a plane to Florida, where we have been living for the past 2 years.

We arrived at the middle school to see dozens of kids going into the front doors. Henry turned to me and hugged me, squeezing hard. I hugged back, resting my chin on his hair.

"Have a good day Henry, text me if you need anything." I say as I pull away. Henry dealt with bad anxiety and it's been hard on him, living in a completely different country. Just then, Clay and Matt arrived in the front of the school.

"Look, there's Matt." I say pointing at him. Henry said goodbye to me and walked into the school with Matt.

"Hey Georgie." Clay said, walking over to me.

"Hey Clay." I say back as we both turn towards the direction of the high school and start walking.

"How's Henry feeling about school?" Clay asked as he looked over at me, his dirty blonde hair slightly messy, as it always was.

"He's feeling really nervous, I could just tell. Let's just hope his anxiety doesn't act up again."

Clay didn't know lots about my life, especially my home life, but he did know about Henry's anxiety, since he has literally seen him have a panic attack at his house before, because he didn't want to go home to our father.

"Yea, well I told Matt to keep an eye on him to make sure he's ok."

"Thank you, i'm just glad he has somebody like Matt to go to you know?"

Clay then looked over at me and smiled his amazing smile. I smiled back, slightly blushing. I've always felt something for Clay, but I didn't know what it was. Well I mean, I don't think i'm gay, but how could I be so sure? Even if they were feelings for him, he's definitely straight considering he's had a girlfriend before. I push the feelings out of my head as we walk up to our high school.