Chapter 10

Clay and I had been nothing but friends for 2 years, and now, here we were, resting our heads on each other while looking at the stars. It could've meant nothing to Clay, but to me it was everything i've wanted for the past months, where i've realized how in love with Clay I actually am. Who knows how Clay felt about me. His feelings towards me were probably just friendship, but there was always a chance. I then remembered that Clay was going to tell me something at Nick's party, but he never got the chance to.

"Hey Clay?" I asked.

"Mhm"

"Remember at Nick's party, you know, before we left, you were gonna tell me something. What was it?" I asked.

Clay picked his head up off of mine and looked at me.

"I can't remember. It probably wasn't important anyway." He shrugged and looked away. I could tell he was lying, but I didn't want to force him to tell me if he didn't want to. I then yawned as I looked back up at the stars.

"Aw is little Georgie tired?" Clay asked, poking me in the side. I flinched as he poked me. He laughed and I poked him back.

"I guess i'm a little tired."

"Let's go to bed then."

We both crawled back into Clay's room. As Clay crawled through the window, he lost his footing and fell into his room. He wheezed hard as he laid on the ground where he fell. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Clay you're such an idiot." I said, between breaths of me laughing.

"I am not!" He yelled as he laughed with me. He ran over to me and football tackled me onto his bed, making me laugh even harder. We crawled under the covers, still giggling.

"Goodnight idiot." Clay said to me, as he looked me in the eyes.

"I am not an idiot." I say back, flipping over so he couldn't see how red my face had gotten.

"It's fine because you're my idiot." Clay laughed. I turned back around to see him still facing me. Why did he call me his idiot? And what did that even mean? A wave of confusion hit me as I looked at Clay, trying to figure out what he meant. I couldn't figure him out, considering he was just laying there, smiling at me.

"Goodnight Clay." I say eventually, smiling at him. His smile got bigger as I said it, making me blush at how cute he looked.

"Goodnight Georgie."

I closed my eyes and fell asleep thinking of the night I just had. Dreaming of Clay.
——————————
"I don't know if I do mom. Thanks for the laundry but you may leave now." I woke up to hearing Clay talking to his mom.

"What was that about?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Oh nothing my mom just brought my laundry up and asked me a stupid question. How did you sleep?" He set his laundry basket down on his floor. He then took off his shirt and put a clean one on from his basket.

"I slept good. What time is it?" I asked, stretching my arms in the air.

"It's 11 am, we slept pretty late again. I guess it was from our date." Clay laughed as he started to put his laundry away in his drawers.

"What do you mean date?" My face went red as Clay started to laugh.

"I was kidding Georgie calm down. Our stargazing activity, there is that better?" Clay whipped my leg with a rolled up shirt.

I rolled my eyes at him as he smirked. I got up and put on some clothes, checking my phone.

"Alright i'm done, want to go eat some breakfast, or actually it's pretty much lunch now?" I nodded as Clay walked out of his room. I followed behind to see Henry and Matt playing Super Smash Bros in the living room.

"You suck Henry!" Matt yelled as he jokingly hit Henry with a pillow. Henry hit back, and it very quickly turned into a pillow fight with lots of giggling.

"Glad they're having fun." I said to Clay as we walked past them into the kitchen. There was bagels sitting out for us with some scrambled eggs on the side. We both ate and talked about the Harry Potter movies from the night before.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and playing Minecraft with Nick. Clay also introduced me to one of his favorite shows, Criminal Minds, and we watched a few episodes. It was a pretty good show, although it was kind of freaky. At around 9, I started to get tired.

"You wanna sleep?" Clay asked me, laying backwards on his bed.

"Yea sure. Can't have us waking up at 11 tomorrow."

We both crawled under the covers and said goodnight.
————————————-
Waking up the next day was very difficult for me as I didn't want to leave Clay's bed, or go to school at all. Clay eventually pulled me out of bed, to then go to school. The day was boring as usual, although Clay made it more enjoyable. As Clay and I walked to the middle school, he made me pinky promise to call him if I needed anything.

Henry and I walked home in silence, both of us dreading going home to our father. I walked in the house to peace and quiet, since he had not been home yet. I started my homework and got about 30 minutes into it before I heard a ding from my phone. I checked it to see it had been from Nick.

Nicky:
Yo my mom made me go for a walk and i'm passing by your house. Wanna join me for a loop around the neighborhood.

I considered for a minute, due to the amount of homework that I had been given, but I accepted. I needed fresh air anyways.

Me:
Yea sure i'll be right out.

I put my phone down on my desk and slipped on my shoes. I then ran out the front door to not keep Nick waiting. I realized I left my phone on my desk, but I didn't need it for a walk right?

"Hey George." Nick said to me as I walked next to him.

"Hey how's it going?"

Nick and I talked for a bit before he asked me a question that made my heart drop.

"Hey dude I don't wanna sound weird, but do you like Clay? Like you know as more than a friend?"

My face went red as I didn't know what to say. I stuttered a bit before answering.

"What- no." I looked over at Nick, who was smirking.

"You definitely do George, your face is red." Nick laughed and poked at me.

"No I do not!" I laughed with Nick as he poked at my sides and stomach.

"Yes you do and that's the only answer i'm accepting. Clay definitely likes you back dude he won't shut up about you."

"Well I don't like him and i'm sure he doesn't like me back, so stop being weird Nick." I smiled and looked down at the ground as we continued to walk.

"I don't care what you say I know you like him." We arrived back at my house and we said our goodbyes. Why was Nick asking me that? What if Clay made Nick ask me? I shook the thoughts out of my head and walked in the door.

I looked up to see my father standing in front of me. I didn't even realize his car was in the driveway as I walked in. He looked back at me, looking very angry. I then realized what he was holding in his hand. My phone.

The suspense is real....

Have a good day/night