Chapter 20

I heard Clay's heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. A few seconds later the door opened, revealing Clay in his white headband again.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me, dropping his football bag onto the floor.

"I'm fine."

Clay then took off his football pants and walked over to me, flopping into bed. He cuddled up to me, putting his head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed the top of his head.

"I love you George."

"I love you too Clay."
                        ——————————
I woke up the next morning unwillingly, still not wanting to go to school. Clay had been already up and ready when I finally decided to get up. We ate a quick breakfast and walked to school together, dropping Matt and Henry off first. The first classes went by slow as usual.

"George I have a meeting with my guidance counselor so I won't be in lunch." Clay said to me as we walked out of English class together.

"That's fine. See you after."

Clay gave me a slight smile as he walked towards the guidance counselors office. I quickly grabbed food and headed to the table where Nick had been sitting.

"Hey dude, where's Clay?"

"He's at some meeting with his guidance counselor." I took a bite out of my pizza as two guys who I had never seen before walked over to Nick and me. They sat down, staring at me.

"Um can we help you?" Nick asked, looking confused.

"We're here for this kid." One of the boys said back. His voice was very deep, and when he talked it startled me.

"Why do you want to talk to me?" I started to get nervous, my leg bouncing as both of them stared at me. Nick looked concerned as one of them opened their mouth to speak again.

"I just want to make sure you aren't distracting Clay for our big game Friday, we see that you're around him a lot. We need him to be on top of his game. So you shouldn't be going to the game either, pretty boy." The boy gave me an evil grin as he said the last line, his eyes still focused on me.

"Hey he can go to the game if he wants, you can't stop him." Nick quickly added in, instantly regretting it after the boy stood up and got closer to Nick. He grabbed Nick by the collar of his shirt, lifting him up slightly out of his chair. Nick gulped as he was lifted.

"Listen here you little shit. I don't know who you are but I will not have a loser like you talking back to me."

Just then, the boys friend spoke. I had forgotten he was there considering he hadn't talked for the whole encounter.

"James put him down, you're gonna get in trouble."

"Does it look like I care, Enzo? No I don't." James then let go of Nick, making him fall and hit his chair. Both of the boys got up and left, leaving me and Nick speechless.

"What the fuck was that?" Nick said as he shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

"I have no clue. How do they even know who I am?" I took another bite into my pizza.

"They must see you and Clay around, he also may talk about you a lot. I mean, he is crazy about you Georgie."

My face went red as I looked down at the ground and smiled. Maybe I shouldn't go to the game, I thought to myself as the rest of lunch went on. I wouldn't want to be the reason for anything bad happening.

As the day went on, I was quiet, which Clay seemed to notice.

"Hey George, are you alright?" He asked as we sat down in ceramics, our last class of the day. He put his hand on top of mine as I nodded.

The boys from lunch then walked into the room and sat down at a table. I never realized that they had been in this class.

"Hey Clay!" James yelled from across the room.

"Hi James." Clay responded, his hand still on top of mine.

"Ready for the game on Friday?"

"Yea very ready."

The bell rang making Clay take his hand off of mine. The whole class I felt James looking at me, with his piercing brown eyes.
——————————
Once Clay got home from football, I decided I should tell him about what happened at lunch. He came up the stairs and dropped his football bag again, taking off his football pants and slipping his t-shirt over his head. He kept his white headband on as he sat next to me in bed without a shirt.

"Hey Clay, can I ask you something?"

He turned to look at me, smiling. His soft hair slightly falling over his left eye.

"Sure go ahead Georgie."

"Do you think i'll distract you if I go to your game on Friday?"

Clay's smile turned into a slight frown. He grabbed around me and cuddled up to me, placing his head on my chest.

"No, why would you think that?"

I told him about the situation with James and Enzo at lunch, about how they didn't want me at the game. I also told him how he grabbed Nick and practically threw him back down.

"Georgie why didn't you tell me earlier? I could've talked to them during ceramics."

"I'm sorry I just didn't want to make you upset. You need to focus on your game on Friday ok?"

He looked up at me and nodded. He then leaned forward and kissed me, slowly turning it into more than just a simple kiss. I started to get into it as well as Clay grabbed my hip with his hand. He lightly pushed me back onto the bed, crawling to be over top of me. His chain hung down over my chest as he kissed me. One of my hands went to his right hip as the other went to the back of his head.
—————————————
Clay and I walked home together for the first time in weeks on Friday. He was quieter than usual, most likely nervous for his game later in the day. As we walked away from the middle school, with Henry and Matt walking in front of us, I slipped my hand into Clay's. He looked down at me and smiled, making my heart melt.

We arrived home and Clay jumped into bed after dropping his backpack onto the floor. I hopped onto the bed as well, Clay taking me into his arms.

"What time do you have to go?" I asked, burying my face in Clay's shoulder.

"I have to be there for about 5:30. Oh right, I forgot," Clay said, standing up, "here you go cutie."

He held out his hand which was holding a white jersey with the number 15 on it. I took it from him and put it on over my hoodie. Clay smiled as I pulled it down.

"You look so cute." Clay put his hands on my cheeks and kissed me, making my face go bright red. "I can't wait to look over and see you wearing it."

I smiled at the thought of my boyfriend looking over at me, to see me smiling in his jersey.

tehe
ALSO: i chose the name henry for George's little brother BEFORE Tommy's cow died LOL
Have a good day/night❤️

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 5k READS!!