Chapter 3

Clay was still holding me when his mom walked into the room.

"How are you feeling George?" she asked, sitting on the bed next to Clay and I.

"I'm feeling better." I say as I wipe some more tears from my face, which was still buried in Clay's chest.

"Have you eaten dinner? We ordered Chinese food and we put in yours and Henry's orders too." She said to me as she rubbed circles on my back.

"Thank you so much, Henry and I haven't eaten dinner." I say back as I pull away from Clay, who put his hand on my knee. It was a common occurrence for us to eat dinner at Clay's, considering our Dad forgets to go grocery shopping often.

"I'll call you boys down when it's here." She says, standing up and leaving the room.

"Thank you Clay, really." I say to Clay, as we make eye contact. My face goes red but I don't even care to hide it anymore.

"Of course, you can talk to me, you know, i'm here to make it better." Clay responds as he pulls me in for another hug. "Now, do you want to play a game, or just relax?" he asks me.

"Can we just relax?" I ask as I pull away and scoot up on the bed, resting my head on his pillow.

"Yea of course. Do you want me to lay down with you?" He asks, as he pulls his comforter up over my shoulder.

"If you want, I don't mind." I say, smiling at Clay. He climbs under the comforter with me, putting his head on the other pillow. I inched closer to him, putting my head on his shoulder. He responded by resting his head on mine, and we just stayed like that for about 15 minutes before his mom called us down.

"Boys! Dinner is here!" We hear from the bottom of the stairs. I lift my head off of Clay's shoulder and sit up.

"You ready?" Clay asks, sticking out his hand.

"Yea." I say smiling, taking his hand for him to help me up. Except he doesn't let go once I get up. He keeps his grasp on my hand, leading me to the kitchen, even though I knew where it was. As we got to the bottom of the stairs, Henry ran up to hug me, making Clay let go of my hand.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked, running my fingers through his soft, black hair.

"Yea I am. Are you feeling ok?" He asked, looking up at me. I could tell he was crying a lot since his eyes were all red, but i'm sure mine looked the same way.

"Yea I am, now let's eat, and remember to thank them." I say as I take a seat at the kitchen table next to Clay. Clay's mom slides my chicken and mixed vegetables over to me, passing a fork along with it.

Clay's dad then emerges from his office. "Hello boys, how are you guys?" He asks as he ruffles Henry's hair, and fist bumps me.

"We're doing ok." I respond, taking a bite of my food. Clay then puts his hand on my knee, and looks over at me. I could tell he was asking if I was doing ok, so I put my hand on his and nod. He keeps his hand on my knee for a few more minutes before moving it to start eating.

Henry and I are so lucky to have Clay's family, they have always treated us perfectly, and are here for us no matter what. As I finish eating, Clay takes my plate for me to put in the sink. He motions for me to come upstairs with him.

"Are you feeling ok?" He asks as we walk into his room. He shuts the door behind him.

"Yea i'm feeling fine, thanks for everything again." I say back.

"Ok i'm going to shower real quick but i'll be out in like 5 minutes, so if you need anything, just yell." He said, scooping up some clothes and going into his bathroom.