Chapter 8

"Henry! What happened?" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. Clay grabbed a towel off the ground and wrapped it around one of his arms. "There's more towels in there, Clay." I pointed to the closet, which Clay opened, grabbing another towel for Henry's other arm. He squeezed the towels tight to prevent any more bleeding. Henry was unconscious, leaning against his bathtub.

"Henry please wake up it's going to be ok." I say, tears falling off my face uncontrollably. I looked over at Clay, who was also crying.

"I'm going to call my mom to bring the car over here, she's a nurse, and we can't have you guys stay here tonight." Clay said, pulling out his phone and walking out of the room.

I squeezed the towels tight on Henry's arms. Henry please wake up, you're all I have, I thought to myself as I looked at his limp, pale body. I put two fingers beneath his jawline to feel if he had a pulse. Thankfully, he did.

"Henry please!" I yelled, putting my head on his shoulder.

"My mom is going to be here in 2 seconds, it's alright George." Clay rubbed circles on my back, and spoke calmly.

"G-G-George." Henry stuttered as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Henry it's ok i'm here for you bubba, please stay with me." I spoke calmly to Henry, even though I was freaking out, to prevent him from going unconscious again.

"I'm here Henry." Clay's mom said, as she rushed into the room. I backed away out of the bathroom to let Clay's mom take over. I sat on Henry's bed and hugged my knees. Clay came over to me and took me in his arms.

"Boys get whatever you need and meet us in the car. He's going to be ok I promise George." Clay's mom said, as she walked out of the room, carrying Henry in her arms. I ran into my room and threw together a bag of whatever I needed, and did the same for Henry. We ran out the door and got in the back of the car.

"Henry are you ok?" Clay's mom asked him, making sure he was still awake.

"Yes." He responded, leaning his head against the front seat window.

We shortly arrived at Clay's and got out of the car. We helped Henry walk into the house and sat him down on the couch in the living room.

"You boys can go upstairs. I have everything covered I promise." Clay's mom said, rubbing my back a bit. I followed Clay up to his room and sat down on his bed.

"Are you alright?" Clay asked me, as he sat softly next to me.

"Not really. That was a hard thing to watch." I say back, covering my face with my arms. I can only imagine how hard it was for Henry to see me like that, twice, in his 13 years of living.

"I know it was, but i'm here for you. My mom is taking good care of Henry. He's going to be ok." Clay said, rubbing my back. I started to feel tears coming. I wanted to confess to Clay right now, about how I love him. I restrain myself from doing so, because I need him right now, and I wouldn't want him being weirded out.

I then start heavily breathing, panting almost. I sit up and put my arms above my head. Clay looks at me, concerned. Then the tears started to fall. I tried to stop myself but I couldn't. In no time I was sobbing.

"George it's ok, i'm here George." Clay said to me, standing up so he could be in front of me. "Come sit on the floor with me George." He took my hand, guiding me to the floor.

I was having trouble breathing, so Clay had me put my hands above my head, and take deep breaths. I did, which helped me breathe steadier, not hyperventilating. I laid back, extending my arms and legs all the way, laying like a starfish. I closed my eyes to calm myself down. Clay sat next to me, putting his hand in mine as I calmed down.

"You feel warm George," Clay said, as he put the back of his hand against my forehead, taking my temperature, "roll your sleeves up." I did as he said, before quickly realizing what I had done.

Me rolling my sleeves up meant my cuts had been revealed to Clay. He put his hand over his mouth and started to cry as he looked at my arm.

"George, what happened." He asked, taking my arm to inspect the cuts closer.

"I'm so sorry Clay. You weren't supposed to see them." I choked out, crying even more. Clay took me into his arms, squeezing tight.

"Why did you do it George?" He asked, as he cried into my shoulder. I cried harder.

"My dad, he makes life unbearable sometimes Clay, i'm so sorry."

"I need you here on Earth with me George. And so does Henry. Please talk to me next time Georgie, i'm always here for you," Clay squeezed harder, "I love you George."

My face went bright red. Clay actually loved me. These past years I thought he said it as a joke, but it was actually true.

"I love you too Clay."

I got the urge to confess again, now feeling like he may actually like me back. But once again, I stopped myself.

"Let's go to sleep. We both need it." Clay said to me, grabbing my hand and leading me to his bed. We climbed under the covers together. I was about to flip over, to be facing away from Clay, but he pulled me closer, wrapping his arm around me. I laid my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat through his shirt. I put my arm across his chest. He pulled me closer, squeezing as he said goodnight.

"Goodnight" we both said, falling asleep in each other's arms.

Another heavy chapter, sorry everyone.

Also, how do you guys see Henry? Give a description of what you imagine as you read, i'm interested to know how you guys interpret him.

Have a good day/night❤️