Chapter 12

I sat, blood still falling from my arm, crying. Clay would now be sprinting over to my house just to see me like this. I wasn't completely trying to end my life, but in a way I was. I don't want to leave Henry because it would completely shatter him, but I also can't keep living like this. I can't even be who I am in my own house without being attacked for it. As I watched my arm bleed, I still heard Henry in the hallway, picking the lock to my bedroom door. He eventually got it and I heard Clay's voice with him. They started to pound on the bathroom door, trying to get me to unlock it.

"George open the door, it's me, Clay."

The doorknob jiggled back and forth as Clay tried to get in. I tried to respond but I couldn't due to how hard I was crying. I heard Henry starting to pick the lock again, this time getting it open in about 5 seconds.

"George!" Clay yelled, kneeling down next to me. Henry saw me and started to cry. I wanted to apologize for what I did, but I was still unable to talk.

"Clay here!" Henry yelled, throwing Clay a towel to tightly wrap around my arm.

"He's bleeding too much, call an ambulance Henry!" Clay yelled back to Henry, who ran out of the room to grab his phone. "Stay awake with me George, i'm here." Clay reached up and lightly touched my swollen eye. I flinched as he did.

"Hi yes my brother cut his arm, and he's bleeding a lot, we're trying to slow it down with pressure but it's not working!" Henry yelled into the phone, crying heavily. He then told them our address and hung up the phone, throwing it onto my bed from the bathroom doorway.

"George stay awake. Can you say my name for me?" Clay asked, looking me in the eyes.

"C-Cl." Was all I was able to say. Pain was rushing through my body, it was unbearable. I started to scream cry, causing Clay to hold my shoulders. He tightened the towel around my arm and held me while I yelled. Sirens blared through the street, making my ears ring very loudly. I reached up with my right arm and held one of my ears.

"He's in here!" Henry yelled to the paramedics, pointing into the bathroom. They rushed in with a bright orange bag with them.

"Excuse me sir." They said to Clay, I could tell he didn't want to move but he scooted out of their way, still staying close to me.

The room started to spin as the paramedics took of the towel quickly to inspect the wounds. I tried to make out what they had been doing but I couldn't see through my tears. I felt as though I was in a tornado, and the whole room was spinning around me. I looked at Clay, who was holding my shoulder.

"Hey buddy can you tell us your name?" The paramedics asked me. I tried to stutter out my name, but I couldn't. My vision started to go black as I leaned my head back against my bathtub. Before they asked anymore questions, the room went dark.
                      ————————————
I woke up in a hospital bed, with tubes and wires all over me. My vision was still blurry, but I saw figures standing over me. I blinked a few times to see that the figures were Henry, Clay, and Clay's mom. Their eyes were all red and swollen, they had probably been crying the whole time I was blacked out. How long even was I out? I looked around for a clock but I couldn't find one.

"Hey, George. How are you feeling?" Clay's mom asked me, putting her hand on my shoulder. I looked down to realize that Clay had his hand in mine, fingers interlocked and everything. He squeezed my hand as we made eye contact.

"What time is it?" I asked, shaking my head.

"It's about 7:30. You had blacked out back at your house, you've been out for about 2 hours now. I'm glad you're awake baby I was so worried." Clay's mom said to me, as she wiped away tears.

"I'm so sorry." I said to the three of them, tears starting to fall down my face. The last thing I wanted was to scare them, and make them worried about me. I must've emotionally hurt them a lot.

"Georgie don't be sorry. We know how hard it's been for you. Can you tell us what had happened prior to this?" Clay's mom asked, lightly feeling my swollen eye.

"He was mad at me and I yelled back. He punched me in the face and kicked me in the gut. I couldn't take the pain anymore. I'm so sorry everyone." I said, Henry grabbed my free hand and squeezed.

"Dad did this to you?" Henry asked, his expression becoming mean.

"Yes. And I think my rib cage is bruised." I said, looking down at my stomach. Henry lifted up my shirt to reveal a purple and yellow bruise, running from the top of my rib cage to slightly above my hip.

"I'm going to kill him." Henry said, his fists clenching.

"George i'm going to report this to the police. We can't have you boys living there anymore. As soon as we're out of here, you boys are moving in with us, where you'll be safe. Henry come with me, let's let Clay and George be alone for a little bit." Clay's mom held out her hand for Henry to hold onto. She walked out of the room and took a right down the hallway, Henry following behind.

I looked over at Clay who had been looking down at the floor, his hand still interlocked with mine. His eyes were bloodshot.

"I'm so sorry Clay. I didn't mean for all of this." I say, tears falling down my face. He looked up from the floor and made eye contact with me, a tear fell off of his cheek and into his lap.

"George it's ok, I just thought I was going to lose you forever." He said, tears falling faster from his face now. I had never seen Clay cry before, and now here he was, sobbing in front of me. I scooted over on my hospital bed, and patted the empty space next to me. Clay crawled onto the bed next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder, and he rested his head on mine, our hands still interlocked. He rubbed his thumb up and down the back of my hand.

"You're never going to lose me. I'm going to be here forever with you Clay." I said, squeezing his hand.

"You know how much I love you, right George?" He asked.

"Of course. And you know how much I love you right?" I asked.

"No, how much do you love me?"

"More than life itself, Clay."

You guys really thought i'd kill George huh? I couldn't do that to you!

Have a good day/night❤️