Chapter 19

I woke up Monday morning to the sound of Clay's alarm. I groaned as I closed my eyes, burying my head into the pillow, not wanting to get up. I felt Clay get out of bed and walk over to my side. He lightly shook my shoulder, causing me to open my eyes slightly.

"Wake up sleepyhead we have to go to school."

"I've decided i'm not going." I grabbed my pillow and put it over my head, holding it down.

"Come on Georgie." Clay then grabbed my arm and yanked me up, making me sit up in bed. Before I could fall back down he put his hand out to catch me. I eventually gave in and trudged out of bed, slowly putting on sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Are you going to brush your hair?" Clay giggled at me as I stood, slipping my shoes on. "It's sticking up everywhere."

"I don't even care anymore." I fell back onto the bed, curling into a ball, too tired to do anything at the moment.

"Come here." Clay reached out and grabbed my hand, making me walk into the bathroom with him. He turned on the faucet and let his hand sit under the water for a second before running his hands through my hair, smoothing it out. He put his hand under my chin, making my head tilt backwards. "You look cute."

He leaned down and quickly kissed me before turning the light off and walking out of the bathroom. I followed behind, grabbing my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. Clay and I walked down the stairs to eat a quick breakfast.

"You boys are running late this morning. Eat quick, Henry and Matt are waiting." Clay's mom said to us as she slid plates of eggs and toast across the kitchen counter.

"It's not my fault George didn't want to wake up this morning." Clay giggled with a mouth full of eggs. Clay's mom smiled at me as I tried to keep my heavy eyes from closing.

I finished breakfast and got out of the chair, slowly walking towards the door. Clay jumped out of his chair and followed behind.

I slowly walked behind Clay to school, trying to keep myself from falling over. Clay checked behind him every so often to make sure I was still walking.

"You are exhausted today huh," Clay said to me as he stopped walking, waiting for me to catch up. As I reached him he slipped his hand into mine, interlocking our fingers, "is this ok?"

"Yes it's fine." I responded, looking down at the ground. All I wanted was to be cuddled up with Clay in bed, not walking to the deepest pits of Hell, also known as school. I groaned at the thought of the amount of make up work I would have to do. I gripped Clay's hand tighter as I walked along in the cold air.
                     ———————————
As the day slowly went by, my stress levels increased with the amount of work I had to make up. I walked into English and put my head down on the desk as Clay sat down in front of me. He turned around and ran his hand through my hair, making me raise my head.

"Are you ok?" He asked, putting his hand on mine, rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

"I'm just over everything." I said back, putting my head back down, preventing him from seeing the tear falling down my face.

The bell rang, making Clay turn around to face our teacher. I left my head down, not bothering to pay attention. I closed my eyes and drifted off. I was interrupted by a light tapping on my desk. I slowly lifted my head up to see my teacher looking at me.

"George, are you ok?"

"Yes i'm fine." I responded, trying my best not to not cry while the whole class was looking at me. Clay had also turned around, and looked very concerned.

"Why don't we go talk in the hallway quickly," she motioned for me to follow, so I slowly got up and walked out into the hallway, "the rest of you please work on the assignment that was just posted."

I stood up against the wall, starting to feel dizzy. I sat down to prevent myself from falling. I brought my knees up to my chest and grabbed around them, burying my face into my arms. Tears started to fall without my control.

"George what's going on? You can talk to me." My teacher said to me, squatting down to be eye level with me.

"I just can't do this." I felt myself start to tremble as I cried into my arms.

I felt my teacher put her hand on my back before getting up and walking back into the classroom. She was gone for less than a minute before I felt someone sit down next to me, their knee touching me.

"George look at me."

I looked up with my eyes still full of tears, to see Clay sitting next to me. He smiled slightly as he placed his arm around my shoulder, holding me to him. I cried into my arms again, not caring about who walked by in the hall, or who could hear me.

"It's alright George. Calm down." Clay made circles on my back as he let me cry into him. Our teacher was standing and watching as well.

"George are you over stressed?" She asked me, squatting down again. She put her hand on my free shoulder. I slowly looked up and nodded slightly, tears still falling from my face.

"Why don't you help him calm down out here for the rest of class, George please come talk to me after the bell rings, ok?"

I nodded as I put my head back down, still trembling and crying into my arms.

"It's ok Georgie, i'm here."

I slowly started to calm down throughout the class, less tears falling from my face each minute, and the trembling seemed to slowly stop with it. Clay had never let go of me the whole time, and he had also said comforting words that helped.

"Thank you for helping me, Clay." I said as the bell rung, and the hallways started flooding with kids. I stood up to walk back into the classroom.

"Of course, George." Clay smiled at me as he stood up with me. We both walked back into the classroom to see our teacher sitting at her desk.

"How are you feeling George?" She asked me, motioning for me to take a seat next to her. I sat down in the empty chair. Clay put his hands on the back of the chair, leaning on it.

"I'm feeling better, thank you."

"I understand how stressful it can be, especially with your situation. I want you to know that all the teachers are here for you. I'm going to send you an email later in the day of what I expect from you, I promise it's not a lot. Clay, thank you for helping him this class, you're a very good friend."

We both thanked her as we walked out of the room to our next class.

"Thanks for being such a good friend." I giggled as I nudged Clay in the side.

He laughed along as we walked through the crowded hallways together.
———————————
The final bell of the day rang, after what seemed like ages. I got up with Clay and walked out of the room.

"I'll see you later George." Clay said to me, as he started to walk to the locker rooms. I forgot he had football practice today, which made my somewhat happy mood completely change. I waved to him as I walked out of the school, alone.

I put my hood up and my hands in my pockets to walk to the middle school.

Although Henry and Matt were talking and laughing the whole way home, I was silent. As we walked in the front door, I went straight to my room, took off my shoes, and fell into the bed. I crawled under the sheets and fell asleep with tears falling onto the bed.

Poor gogy :(
More chapters coming soon!