Chapter 7

My alarm went off, waking me up. Henry had been cuddled up with me, against my chest. I slowly got up, and woke Henry.

"We gotta get to school Henry." I say, as I dug through my long sleeve shirt drawer.

I picked out a white shirt and threw on some black sweatpants to go with it. Henry rubbed his eyes and walked into his room to get dressed. I walked into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. There were bags under my eyes, and my eyes were heavily bloodshot. I looked terrible. I combed my hair so that it wasn't sticking up. I winced as I rolled up my sleeve, revealing the bandages. I took them off to reveal the cuts, starting to scar already. I threw the bandages out and quickly rolled down my sleeve, I was feeling sick to my stomach again. Henry knocked on my bathroom door.

"Everything alright?" He asked, slowly opening the door.

"Yea i'm good, ready to go?" I said, as I walked out of the bathroom to put my shoes and socks on. I grabbed my bag off of the floor and headed out the front door with Henry.

"Are you going to be ok today?" Henry asked me, looking at my arms, which were covered by my sleeves.

"Yea I should be ok, I just need a nap." I yawned as I spoke of a nap, which i'd probably take during my study hall today.

After what seemed like hours of trudging along the sidewalk in the cold, we finally arrived at the middle school.

"Please take care of yourself today George. I love you." Henry said to me, as he pulled me in for a hug, squeezing extra hard.

"I will Henry, and I love you too." I say, kissing the top of his head. He pulled away and walked into the school. I started walking off to the high school alone, since Clay was nowhere to be found. Before I could get too far, I heard footsteps running behind me.

"BOO" Clay yelled, as he grabbed my shoulders.

"SHIT CLAY," I yelled, turning around to look at him, "you scared the shit out of me." I giggled slightly.

"Yep that was the point." Clay laughed back. "Woah what happened? Are you ok?" He asked once he got a good look at my face.

"Oh yea, just tired." I respond. It wasn't a total lie, I was extremely tired. We walked together to the high school.

"Yo yo." Nick yelled to us, as we walked into the cafeteria. "Party at my place Friday night, y'all coming?" He asked, giving each of us a fist bump.

"Yea sounds fun. I'll be there." Clay said, looking over at me.

"I'm not sure i'll have to ask."

That was a complete lie. I just didn't know if I wanted to go to a big party yet, especially with how my dad has been acting, and the events from last night. I usually didn't like parties to begin with, but I just had a bad feeling about going to this one.
                            —————————
It was Thursday night, and I still hadn't decided whether I wanted to go to Nick's party or not. I basically spent all week stressing about it. I then got a FaceTime call from Clay, so I answered.

"Hey Georgie." Clay said as I answered.

"Hi Clay, what's up?"

"Just wondering if you're going to Nick's party tomorrow." He responded.

"I'm not sure. I don't know if I even want to go."

"Pleaaseeeeeee Georgeeeeeee," Clay pleaded, "I really want you there." He made a pouting face as he said that.

"Ugh you know what, fine, i'll go for a bit. But you're walking there with me." I say, rolling my eyes at Clay's huge smile.

"Yay of course i'll walk with you. See ya tomorrow loser."