"I'm a witch," Faline says, making her eyes glow green. "Potions, spells, all kinds of voodoo"

"What are the rest of you?" Jordan asks.

Scott closes his eyes and opens them to reveal his blood-red Alpha eyes.

"Alpha werewolf, a fading werewolf" Faline points at Scott then Derek. "Banshee" She points at Lydia. "Original vampire" Kol. "Original hybrid" She points at Klaus.

They all take turns trying to explain the world of the supernatural to Jordan.

"What's a kanima?" Jordan asks.

"We'll get back to that" Scott says. "Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the dead pool"

"But I don't even know what I am," Jordan says.

"I'm pretty sure they don't care," Derek says.

"Is he always like this?" Jordan mutters to his brother.

"He was worse" Faline replies.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Jordan asks.

"We're starting to lose count," Lydia says.

"They're not even professional anymore" Klaus chips in. "Anyone who has the dead pool will want the money"

"I don't think Haig's ever tried anything like this" Jordan says. "I think he was taking a chance"

"That means anyone with the dead pool can take a chance," Derek says.

"But if Haig had it then who else does?" Jordan asks. "How easy is it to get this thing?"

"They have to know the cipher keys," Faline says. "Unless it's now traveling by word of mouth"

Faline's phone pings and it's Stiles, telling her that he's home now.

"I'm going home," Faline says. "I'm tired and my feet ache"

"Be careful" Derek says and Faline nods.

Faline plugs her earphones in and begins nodding her head to the beat slightly as she walks.

"Faline Michaels?" Faline turns to see Haig pointing a gun at her.

"Oh, shit," Faline says before she turns on her heel and breaks into a run.

Faline's feet pound against the concrete of the sidewalk as she runs, her lungs working overtime to produce the oxygen they needed. She ran through a maze of buildings and winding side streets as the sky rumbled, and heavy rain bounced off the concrete. A storm smothered the sun, greying the world around her. Drops of rain beat against her skin like hammers. Faline ducks into a side alleyway. Senses sharpened with adrenaline, Faline held her breath, straining to hear with every ounce of her concentration. Not quite silent. Haig's heavy footfalls were sounding through the streets.

"Come out Faline, come out, come out and play," Haig says.

"You want to play?" Faline whispers to herself. "Fine, we'll play."

Faline steps out of the shadows and faces off with Haig, raising her hand and opening her mouth.

"Who is the Benefactor?" Faline shouts.

"I don't know" Haig replies. "What I do know is that he's willing to pay thirty-five million dollars for you to die"

"Not if you die first" Faline shouts, "Phasmatos Ossox Errox Femus"

Haig howls in pain as the wrist holding the gun snaps, causing the gun to clatter to the floor.

"You want to spill the blood of innocents" Faline shouts, the weather getting increasingly worse. "Why don't you choke on it?"

Faline slowly clenches her fist and Haig begins to cough up blood. It sprays out of his mouth and onto the road.

"Please" Haig croaks.

"Faline stop!" Faline looks up to see Braeden.

"He won't stop," Faline says. "You let him go!"

"Because they have no proof," Braeden says.

"We let him go and he's going to kill someone else," Faline says, before closing her hand and yanking it backward.

Braeden places a hand over her mouth as Haig's heart is ripped from his chest. Haig's eyes widen and his body slumps to the floor. Faline looks at Braeden.

"I do what I need to do," Faline says. "To keep my friends and my coven safe"

Faline turns on her heel and walks away down the middle of the road, leaving Braeden stood next to Haig's body.

"You did deserve it," Braeden says, looking at Haig's body before also walking away.

Faline's phone rings and she slowly slides out of bed not wanting to disturb a sleeping Stiles.

"Hello?" Faline climbs out of Stiles' window and onto the roof.

"What did you do?" Derek asks.

"What are you talking about?" Faline asks.

"I'm talking about you magically ripping Haig's heart out of his chest," Derek says.

"I'm surprised Braeden had time to tell you that," Faline says snidely.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"With her mouth around your-"

"Okay, got it. Got it"

"I did what I had to do," Faline says.

"We have a new way," Derek says.

"He tried to kill me, Derek," Faline says. "What was I supposed to do? Sit with him and sing Kumbaya?"

"No, but you could have left him to the police," Derek says.

"And say what?" Faline asks. "He set my brother on fire in his deputy's car but somehow only his clothes got burnt, then he tried to kill me because I'm worth thirty-five million dollars on a supernatural dead pool?"

"Well, you can't say that obviously," Derek says.

"I did what I had to Derek," Faline says. "I thought you of all people would understand that"

"I do," Derek says.

"So what's the problem?" Faline asks. "If I let him go he would have tried again and again. What if he succeeded and you died or Malia or Scott or Lydia?"

Faline hangs up the call and rubs a hand over her face looking up to the sky.