41

"You're my wing-woman tonight," Danny says.

"I always am," Faline says, looping her arm through Danny's.

"Thanks for this" Danny says. "Some of the men in here are bisexual so you'll be alright"

"Well, your boyfriend was a dick," Faline says, smiling at the boy. "So you and I are going to dance, drink and have fun"

Faline and Danny flash their fake IDs to the bouncer who lets them in.

Inside the club it was like dancing on the Northern Lights; beneath the dry-ice smoke swirled an array of blues, acid greens, hot pinks, and gold. The music played over the dance floor as if had fused with the bodies.

Faline walks to the bar and shows her ID with a grin.

"A cosmopolitan and a martini please," Faline yells over the loud music.

"This isn't exactly your scene" The bartender yells and Faline points at Danny who was sat at the end of the bar.

"My friend had a dick of an ex so we came clubbing" Faline yells.

"You're a good friend" The bartender yells back. "They're paid for"

The bartender points to a man who winks at Faline.

"No wonder they're paying for your drinks" Faline comes face to face with a drag queen. "You're beautiful honey"

"Thank you" Faline yells grabbing the cocktails. "I'm Faline"

"Marie"

"Nice to meet you" Faline makes her way to Danny and slides him a martini.

"How?" Danny asks.

"I'm Celeste Dubois. Born and raised in Paris," Faline replies. "Just turned twenty one"

She slides Danny the ID and he looks down at it, surprised by how accurate it actually was.

"They all assume because I'm 5'3" I look younger,"

"Let's dance," Danny says offering Faline his hand which she takes.

"Let's," Faline says with a grin and Danny twirls her around.

Danny gazes at his ex over Faline's head and she nudges him.

"No," Faline says, turning his head away. "You do not think about him, you don't look at him, you pretend he doesn't exist. If he doesn't get how great Danny Mahealani is then you don't give him the time of day"

"You know you're really sweet," Danny says.

"I know, believe me," Faline says giving him a grin.

"Hey, beautiful" Faline turns to see the man from the bar. "I'm Shawn"

"Faline"

"You know, pretty faces like you are what this club is missing," Shawn says.

"It's a gay club?" Faline says, confused.

"What about the bisexuals like me?" Shawn asks and Faline shrugs, leaning back as Shawn gets closer.

"I'm taken" Faline lies.

"Is he here?" Shawn replies.

"No-"

"Then it doesn't matter" Shawn shouts, grabbing her hips.

"I said no" Faline pushes his chest.

"Stop being a fucking tease," Shawn says, grabbing her wrists.

"Get off me," Faline tries to pull her wrists away.

"I paid for your drink" Shawn growls.

"That was on you," Faline snaps. "I don't owe you shit!"

"Hey man," Danny says, spotting Faline struggling. "I think you should let her go"

"Oh, yeah?" Shawn asks.

"Yeah," Danny says.

A manicured hand grabs Shawn's shoulder.

"Now, now honey. It's clear Faline is uncomfortable" Faline smiles at Marie who winks back.

"It's fine just a little disagreement, right babe?" Shawn asks.

"I don't think so," Faline says. "First of all not your babe and second of all, you stay the fuck away from me"

"Tequila?" Danny asks.

"Tequila," Faline confirms.

But Faline is stopped in her movement when Danny falls to the ground and Faline clutches her neck before following.

"Shit" Faline says as people begin to scream and panic.

"Faline," Derek picks her up.

"Get me out of here" Faline mutters.

Derek leaves out of a side door before he takes Faline home.

"You've just got to wait it out," Derek says smiling at her before he leaves.

Faline closes her eyes, not noticing the person who had climbed through her window and was in the corner of her bedroom.

As her consciousness ebbed, her mind went into free fall, swirling with the beautiful chaos of a new dream. In her dream there are lights, too many to count, dancing on an ocean too vast to envisage.

Each one is brilliant, each one unique. She wants to look at each one for the marvel it is, for no matter how many there are no two colors are the same. The light that comes from within is purer than gold, more light than air - each one a small piece of heaven.

She tries to reach out to them, who wouldn't want to touch something so pure. But the lights recoil in fright, they don't even know who they are. They chant that they feel ugly on the outside and worse on the inside. She can't understand until she takes a look at the water, it looks fine but smells like something she wouldn't want to drink. But they're swimming in it, bobbing in it like it's a fine day at the beach.

Faline wants to tell them it's poison but they'll never listen. They laugh and carry on just as before, each one just as beautiful as the last but disconnected even from their inner light and beauty.

"Faline. Wake up"

Faline's eyes flutter open and she finds Stiles in her room.

"How are you feeling?"

Faline lifts her arm and grins.

"I can move," Faline says. "So I'm good"