1

"Fae" A voice hisses and Faline groans as two hands shake her from her deep sleep.

"Scott" Faline groans before looking at her clock to reveal 23:37. "It's the middle of the night. What do you want? Actually here's a better question, why are you in my house?"

Faline still had the Irish lilt that she was born with. She also often used Irish slang. Many people were shocked at the age of Faline's father who was in his late fifties.

Polly and Nicholas Michaels struggle to conceive for years and nearly gave up until Faline was conceived. She was a miracle child and her parents adored her, her father giving her all he has after her mother's death and her half-sister's not long afterward.

"Stiles is here" Scott whispers, scooping up Faline's golden retriever puppy, Dash, and petting the puppy whose tail wags.

"So?" Faline mutters, pulling her blanket back up. "Take him to your house. I'm trying to sleep"

"The police found a body" Stiles pops up, flopping on top of Faline trying to ignore the racing of his heart.

"So?" Faline asks. "I'm still a little confused as to why we're all in my room at midnight"

"Because Fae," Stiles says. "They only found half the body"

"Why didn't you start with that?" Faline sits up straight, causing Stiles to roll straight off the bed. "Right let me get dressed"

The boys don't move until Faline pulls the shirt over her head and they both scamper out of the room.

"Stiles dude," Scott says as Stiles blushes bright red.

"You know I've been in love with her for like ever" Stiles whispers.

Faline slips out of her room, closing the door behind her.

"Let's go losers," Faline says.

"Roscoe is parked outside," Stiles says.

"Be quiet" Faline says. "My dad is -"

"Your dad let us in," Scott says.

"Right," Faline says as they quickly sneak downstairs.

"If you fall asleep in class and get detention, I'm not responsible," Nicholas says to his daughter before kissing her on the forehead. "Be careful. It's a full moon, weird things happen"

"Alright, Van Helsing," Faline scoffs before walking out of the house.

The trio climb in Roscoe before Stiles peels out of the driveway before speeding towards Beacon Hills Preserve. Faline climbs out of Roscoe with Stiles' helping hand.

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asks as Faline grabs a flashlight from Stiles' hand.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town," Stiles says.

"Come on Scott," Faline says. "Where's your sense of adventure? Your spontaneity?"

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practise tomorrow," Scott says.

"Because you two warming the bench is such a grueling effort," Faline snarks with a roll of her eyes.

"No, because I'm playing this year," Scott says. "In fact, I'm making the first line"

Faline snorts before shaking her head as she points the flashlight at the ground.

"Hey that's the spirit," Stiles says. "Everyone should have a dream Scotty"

"Even a pathetically unrealistic one," Faline says. "Ambitions have to be something you can actually achieve Scott"

"Shut up Bambi," Scott rolls his eyes.