Invasion part one

2 weeks later
S.T.A.R Labs, speed lab

"Okay, I just dropped Frankie off at school. What are we doing?" I asked as I walked into the speed lab with Leo in my arms, my hair an absolute wreck.

"Testing Wally. Kid gets faster every time we test him." Joe said as I passed Leo off to Cisco.

"I need a break. Please take him." I said and Cisco took Leo out of my arms.

"Mach 2." Cisco said, looking at the computers.

"Already? He just got his speed two weeks ago. How are his vitals?" Iris asked.

"His running economy, lactose threshold, are all way above expected levels." Caitlin said as I ran a hand through my hair.

"I think we might have a little prodigy on our hands. Like a wizard of whiz." Cisco said with a smile as Leo tugged at his hair.

"Guys, I don't want Wally thinking that he's Barry, rushing off halfcocked trying to take down Alchemy or Savitar the next time one of them shows up." Iris said.

"Well, obviously he'll need training I mean Barry needed training...but that's not what you're suggesting is it?" I asked, taking Leo from Cisco.

"No. We need to convince him that he's not ready. That means no encouraging him, no training him, and you...no talking to him about a suit. Please, it's for his own good."

"No, what would be for his good would be training him so he knows how to use his powers."

"No. This is for the best."

"Why the hell not? It's just another lie between friends." Cisco said, shaking his head.

"I completely agree, Cisco but language please I have a baby." I said before Wally sped in.

"What?" He asked after seeing the looks on everyone's faces. "Still not good?"

"Um I think maybe we should try again tomorrow. I can run a few more tests." Caitlin said after no one else responded.

"That was amazing. Dinner's on me, whatever you want." Joe said before him, Wally, and Iris walked out.

"Test. Test. Fellow S.T.A.R Labs employees, your presence in the cortex would be greatly appreciated." H.R said over the comms and I sighed.

"Oh my god." I said, closing my eyes.

"That's tonight? His presentation? Great." Cisco said with a sigh as I stood up, Leo in my arms.

"What do you think if maybe after, we get a drink? You two, me...Barry." Caitlin said and instead of getting into a conversation about Barry where I would most definitely lose the calm I had been trying to keep when it came to that situation, I went to the cortex.

"You wanna open S.T.A.R Labs to the public? In two weeks?" Barry asked as I walked into the cortex, Caitlin and Cisco a few steps behind me.

"Soft open. Not a hard open. But you know, I'll use your input. Alright? Right now it's very important cause the clock is ticking. My vision is set to include but not limited to...bam...a personal transportation tour of the facility. Or for the faint of heart we have...pow...a virtual reality alternative. Both set to include particle vision." H.R said as I rocked Leo back and fourth, trying to be be nice but I was basically running on coffee and the anger towards Barry that I was doing my best to keep contained.

"What is particle vision?" I asked, setting Leo down in his stroller.

"Particle vision, which is a moment to moment reenactment of the particle accelerator explosion but seen from the point of view of...the particle!"