Progeny

Streets of Kasnia, 2147

"The future it's-" Stein started but Sara and Jax cut him off.

"Fascinating."

"Astonishing."

"Well it was a 50/50 chance on which one he'd choose." Jax said and I rolled my eyes, grabbing onto Leo's hand.

I had been a tad bit clingy since I got back from being marooned in 1958.

"Actually I was going to say remarkable."

"Isn't it? 2147 was considered the world's zenith. All these people have five good years to look forward to." Rip said as I started messing with Leo's pinky ring.

"Before what?" Leo asked.

"Before a ruthless dictator named Per Degaton comes to power, releases the armageddon virus and most of them end up dead."

"Well that's depressing." Sara said before something that looked like the atom suit flew over us.

"Is that my suit? That's my suit." Ray said before it shot someone who was trying to steal a lady's purse.

"You have been identified as violating ordinance twelve." The atom suit said.

"That is how Per Degaton's father, Tor Degaton maintains order in Kasnia." Rip told us and I held Leo's hand slightly tighter than I had been before.

"Doesn't look like progress to me." Leo said as he started to mess with my ring to calm me down.

"Speaking of progress, we need to get a better lay of the land."

"And I need to get a better look at how they made my suit autonomous." Ray said.

"Well why don't you take Martin, Jax, and Dr.Ramon with you? Miss Lance, Mr.Snart and I will work on locating Savage." Rip said and I sighed.

"Uh you sure you wanna separate those two?" Ray asked, motioning for me and Leo.

"It's fine, Ray. I'm coming." I said, letting go of Leo's hand and following Ray, Jax and Stein.

We managed to find out absolutely nothing before we were called back to the waverider because Sara, Rip, and Leo had something.

"He's a teacher." Sara said once we were all gathered on the bridge.

"Tutor, it would seem to young Per Degaton himself." Rip said as I leaned on the console and tapped my ring against the metal.

"You say that like it's supposed to mean something." Leo said, putting his hand over mine to stop me.

"After the death of his father in five years time, Per Degaton releases the armageddon virus which decimates the world's population leaving it ripe for conquest. Per Degaton primes the world for dictatorship, and then when the time is right Savage snatches that power away from him."

"By killing Per Degaton." Sara said as I  rested my head on Leo's shoulder.

"Indeed."

"Okay, so we don't have what we need to take down Savage, but maybe now we can figure out a way to stop his rise to power."

"By depriving him of his springboard, Per Degaton."

"How do we do that? I mean this kid's like royalty right? I doubt he's gonna not conquer the world because we asked him nicely." I said, lifting my head up.

"It's quite simple really."

"We kill the little bastard ourselves." Leo said and I immediately turned to face him.