My Pain

Even though you were withing the grasp of sleep you felt every bit of pain. The emotional, the physical, everything. It was all crashing through you trying to ripe your body apart.

You so desperately wanted to welcome the warm arms of sleep but they had hidden thorns. You weren't going to fall into its embrace without a fight.

You tried as many tricks as you could but sleep won with a overwhelming amount of unstoppable pressure.

You had started to drift off, feeling yourself slowly falling into the deep dark void that was your conscious.

The pain slowly disappeared as if it was all in your imagination.

You gave up on struggling all together now, you were going to come across that thing within your dreams and it would surely destroy your conscious.

You knew for sure that this thing wanted nothing more than completely break you. To destroy you.

There wasnt much you could do but sit and wait for the inevitable. You started to gain control of your body once again and were able to move within the space.

You looked all around for any sign of that thing. You found nothing but you did find something of interest.

The void beneath you was filled with some sort of water. It was as black as the void yet had a shine that could only be described as a reflection.

You made your way towards it by not walking but drifting, it's almost like you were being forced towards it.

You ended up becoming face to face with yourself and were completely distorted by what you saw.

Seeing death was one thing but seeing a reflection of yourself sitting and laughing with those people you called crew mates was another.

It was almost taunting at what you saw, it was a memory before a few moments ago you would have treasured.

The pain within your body erupted as your mind drifted to the betrayal of your supposed friends. You kept watching in both pain and envy. It was almost suffocating how much you wanted to join them, to talk to them, to ask them why?, why did they have to hurt you so bad? Why does it hurt so much worse than your arm?.

You started to focus on your own reflection seeing your eyes starting to gloss over, it was like you became a zombie.

Without another moment you fell to your knees and hugged them tight. Both arms wrapped around your legs....b..both arms??

You looked down at your broken arm and were surprised with what you saw, it was completely fixed. No pain was felt in your arm, only your heart.

You had found the finding surprising but it didnt last long as you realise it's your conscious, its probably your imagination.

Seeing your memories in the water like mirror was so torturous. It was unbearable to sit and watch your expectations rise for them to just plummet beneath recognition.

You tried to block out the sounds of laughter and celebration.

Placing both hands on your head your squeezed and screamed trying to deafen the voices but it seemed as though they were in your head.

"Luna-ya? What's wrong?"

That was laws voice. It had seemed to come from the left side of your body. It wasnt a memory it was literally right next to you.

You whipped your head in quick desperation in an attempted to see a living being, not just memories.

You were gutted once your eyes laid up nothing but void. You had gotten your hopes up once again.