chapter 9

Micky's POV:

"do you think Davy will come back tonight?" I asked Mike

He looked at me, I was laying beside him on his bed, "you mean today"

Now it was my turn to look at him, "has it been so long?"

Mike nodded and handed me his alarm clock, it read 2.23 PM.

I yearned and put it back on Mike's night stand. Me and Mike had been talking for hours, though it only felt like minutes. To be honest I couldn't even remember most of what we had been talking about, or how I ended up laying so close beside him in his small one man bed.

I really didn't mind being so close to him, I liked touching people, it's important to touch people, touch is good.

"I hope school isn't too bad tomorrow," Mike said, interrupting my thoughts.

I smiled, "me neither"

We both looked up at the ceiling in silence for the next minute or so. We both hadn't much to say, but it didn't matter, the silence wasn't uncomfortable, it was just relaxing.

After what seemed like hours, to me, Mike spoke up, "maybe we should get some sleep"
"what about Davy and Peter?" I asked.

Mike thought for and moment and then answered, "you can just sleep with me in my bed so that if Davy decides to show up he can just go to bed in his own bed"

"yeah all right, but I can't sleep in this" I said referring to my clothes.

"no problem, i've got an extra pyjamas you can borrow"

I got up from the bed and stretched, "thank you Mike"

Mike shyly looked down and fumbled with his pillow, "it's really nothing, it's me who should thank you"

He mumbled the last part so I smiled and asked, "what did you say?"

"nothing"

I raised a brow and grinned, "don't think I didn't hear you"

Mike ignored my comment and reached his arms out so I could help him up from the bed.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hands pulling him up, "now, where is the pyjamas?"

Mike walked over to his wardrobe and grabbed the extra pyjamas.

"here you go" he said and handed it to me.

"thank you" I yearned and started changing.

Mike just stood awkwardly over by the sink, pretending to do something else while I changed. It made me grin, "easy Mike I still have my boxers on"

Mike turned around to face me while I was buttoning up the pyjamas shirt, "is this better?"he asked, staring intensely at me.

I shrugged and gazed back at him, we stood like this for quite some time, just gazing at each other.

Mike was the first to speak, "well" he cleared his throat, "should we go to bed?" he then asked without moving.

"guess we should" I answered, breaking the gaze by turning around.

Mike followed me and lay in the bed first, placed tight up against the wall, to make more room for me. I thought for a minute before laying down beside Mike how weird this was, had Mike heard the rumors about me being queer? Did he think I was queer? Was I queer? Was Mike queer? I quickly tried to think about something else, I didn't want to answer those questions right now.

Right now I should just enjoy Mike's company and make him happy, remember, I'm trying to make him feel better and not get depressed.

Mike's POV:

I opened my eyes, it was dark. It took me about a minute to figure out where I was. Micky lay close beside me seeping tight, I smiled and gave him a small peck on the forehead. Wait, I did what?! I slapped my cheek slightly, what had I just done? Did I just kiss Micky Dolenz? I looked at my alarm clock, 04.36 PM, what am I even doing awake this early? I lay back down and tried to fall asleep again, which luckily happened fast.

I opened my eyes yet again, but this time it was because the breakfast bell rang. I lay in the exact same position as when I woke last time and so did Micky. I looked down at him, he was still asleep, he was certainly a heavy sleeper.

I didn't really want to wake him up as he lay there sleeping and to be honest I didn't want to go to school today.

Davys bed was still empty, had he slept with Peter? Who knows I shrugged to myself and closed my eyes, just a couple of minutes of rest doesn't kill anybody.

Micky's POV:
Out of nowhere I awoke, I had forgotten where I was, the only thing I thought about was how my neck hurt. I opened my eyes and saw a sleeping Mike, his arms wrapped around me, I was an innerspoon?!

First I thought about getting up, quickly, but then again, I didn't want to wake him up by moving.

I tried to fall asleep again, so I shouldn't deal with this situation, but failed. Yearning I looked at the alarm clock, 10.37 am?!

I now quickly sat up in bed and shook Mike. Slowly he opened his eyes and yearned, after a minute or so he sat up as well, "good morning" he said with a crisp morning voice.

I couldn't help but smile, "goodmorning"

We just sat there a bit looking at each other, before I remembered why I awoke him, "have you seen what time it is?" I asked handing him the alarm clock.

He chuckled and gave it back to me, "take it easy, it isn't like we get subvented, besides it's good for you to get a full 10 hour sleep" Mike tied.

"Mike, we only got about 8 hours of sleep" I slammed back.

Mike just laughed and rumpled my hair, I gave in and laughed with him.

We sat and talked like this, just sitting in the bed with the one small bed cover covering our legs.

(I wouldn't mind if you guys gave this story a vote or even a comment, but yeah I won't force you to do it, just if you'd like to)