chapter 6

Mike's pov:

Yet again I sat alone in my room strumming on my guitar. I had been trying to come up with something for the last 30 minutes, maybe it wasn't as easy as I had thought it to be.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, I looked up at the door expecting it to be Peter or another one of Davy's friends, as usual.

"come in!" I yelled so the person on the other side of the door could hear me.

Soon after the door opened and popped Micky, of all people, "I don't know where he is" I said smiling assuming he was looking for Davy.

He looked puzzled at me and said, "who is he?"

"aren't you looking for Davy?"

He chuckled, "no, i'm looking for Mike, have you seen him?"

I sighted and rolled my eyes at his bad joke, "ow, well I haven't seen him either" I continued the joke.

Now it was Micky's turn to chuckle slightly at my bad joke, "now wanna do anything?"

I looked at him seaching his face for any signs why he was here, he seemed to see my suspicion and walked over to me sitting down on Davy's bed, "you play guitar" he more established than asked nodding at my guitar.

"well, y'know I know a couple of tunes"

"groovy, I tried learning guitar at some point"

"what stopped you?" I asked looking at him.

"life" he chuckled and continued, "I just never got the hang of it"

"can you take a G chord?" I asked and handed him the guitar.

He grabbed it and after a couple of seconds he strummed one time down on all of the strings, some of them were stum, but nothing to worry about.

"now take a C" I said and looked.

He did as I said, "and now a D" he did that as well.

"now you can play a majority of pop songs," I said and smiled wide.

He chuckled and handed back my guitar.

"y'know it isn't as hard as it seems" I said and lay the guitar beside me on the bed.

"now you just make me feel like a failure" Micky said and looked at the ground.

I couldn't tell if he was saying it jokingly or he meant it, luckily he seemed to notice and gave me a big smile.

I chuckled and shook my head, "you know what I mean"

Micky's POV:

"well see you later Mike" I said and walked out of the door that led into Mike and Davy's room.

We had been talking for about two hours, it hadn't been about anything juicy or anything, just about stupid silly things, which I didn't mind.

Ever since Davy had mentioned Mike mayby had depression a couple of days ago, it had been on my mind, it was like it had turned into a goal for me to cheer him up. And really he was a good lad, I didn't understand why he hadn't got more friends, I liked talking with him.

What should I do now?, I thought as I walked down a hall.

Mike's POV:

It had been about 2 or 3 days since Micky had come into my room to talk to me, I didn't really know if we were friends, or if we just had been talking a bit. I didn't know if I could just walk up to him and talk with him, what if he didn't really wanna talk to me?, what if it had been a challenge or something someone had pulled on him? I slapped myself mentally, don't overthink it, again, I thought and stood up from my bed where I was currently seated.

It was lunchtime, which I hated, but of course couldn't live without. I just never knew who to sit with at launch, because, y'know I hadn't really any friends. Normally I just walked back to my room with my food and walked back to the lunchroom with my plate when I was done, no wonder I haden't any friends when I was so anti social.

I turned around a corner and entered to lounchroom, the food wasn't that good, but it didn't really matter, I wasn't that picky.

I grabbed a plate and quickly filled it with food, just as I was about to walk back out of the lunchroom I heard someone call on me, "Mike!"

I turned around with excitement replacing hunger in my stomach, I knew that voice, it was Micky.

"come here sit with us" he said, waving me over.

I smiled and walked over to a nearly filled table, I sat down on the opposite side of Micky beside a boy and a girl I didn't know.

"so how your doin'?" he asked and smiled.

I shrugged and looked at him, "all right I suppose"

He gave me a concerned look shortly, but then quickly shifted back to his usual grin, "that's good, Mike"

There was quiet for a couple of seconds before I asked, "how are you doing, Micky?"

"good, thank you "

After that we started talking about the usual careless shit everybody else talked about, such as the food or the weather, I normally hated this unimportant chater, but talking with Micky I always enjoyed, it was like he actually cared.

The bell rang and we stood up to put our plates and utensils over to the cleaners who were students, each week a new couple of students should help cleaning and cooking, I didn't look forward to it at all. It looked like a drag.

Me and Micky walked side by side out of the lunchroom and talked on our way back to my hall, which were where we arrived first.

I grabbed the handle to the door that led into the hall , "see you later Mike" Mickey said and waved at me.

i smiled and waved back, "see you"

A que was starting to form behind me so I quickly opened the door and walked directly over to me and Peter's room and walked through the door, Peter right behind me.