chapter 2

Mike's POV:

"I'm leaving for class now" Davy said and grabbed his backpack.

"Yeah, I should probably go as well" I said and rose up from my bed.

I had been living in the school for about two months now, except for the weekends, and to be honest I hadn't really any friends.

Of course me and Davy were friends, but we also lived together. I had also talked to people, but it was like I didn't connect with people.

and to be honest I didn't really even try to make friends any longer, I had just given up. The only reason why I stayed at the school was because of my mom. She had said, if i dropped out i should get a job or move out of the house, and i would rather be here where i could live free than move out and get a job.

I can't even believe my mom will let me move, I'm 17 for christ sake.

As I walked into my class room another kid bumped into me, "ow I'm sorry man" the boy said.

"ow, no problem,'' I said and recognised his face, "you're Micky, right?"

"yeah, and you're... uhm"

i was about to say my name but he quickly interrupted me, "no! don't say it, it's something with M isnt it?"

I nodded and smiled.

"well it's not Micky because thats my name ,uhm m.. m... Mike!

"yeah" I chuckled.

"well Mike we should probably take a seat now"

"you're right"

Micky's POV:

i was about to drift into sleep as the teacher called my name, "Micky, maybe you should go to sleep earlier tonight"

"I'll consider it" I said and chuckled.

Maybe I should, I hadn't slept for more than 4 hours in about two weeks now. But I couldn't help it, people kept asking me to hang out after bedtime and how could I possibly turn down an offer like that?

To be honest I was actually quite popular, I had a lot of friends and everyone knew my name. I really loved this place and I couldn't believe this year would be over in less than 10 months. Well no time to think about that, the bell rang out and I hurried down to my room to get rid of my backpack.

As I opened the door to me and Peter's room I heard gentle strumming on a guitar.

"Hey Peter" I said and sat down on my bed on the opposite side of Peter.

Peter sat his guitar down, "wanna go down to launch?"

"yeah, why not?" I said and stood up.

Peter hadn't as many friends as I, he wasn't as outgoing. I always tried to get him to talk to whoever I was with at the moment, but he was more the kind who wanted a few close friends instead of lots of friends.

When both me and Peter had taken the food we wanted Peter went straight over to his best friend Davy, I didn't really mind. I liked Davy. He was a theater kid, a bit like myself. I shrugged and walked over to a table with a couple of students I had talked to a few times.

"ow hallo Micky" a girl said.

"do you mind me sitting here?" I asked, already sitting down.

"no problem" a boy said and punched me gently on the back.

I smiled and started eating.

Funnily enough, I was populair, but not among the girls. Well they liked me, as a friend. For some reason everybody thought i was gay, I dont know why, I had had a gitlfriend before I tarted here, but that didnt last.

out of the corner of my eye I saw the boy I had bumped into earlier, Mike. He had a tray filled with food in his hands and was on his way out of the cafeteria. I wondered why he wouldn't eat in the cafeteria, I personally loved eating in the cafeteria. You could just sit and talk with people.

Mike's POV:

Finally, the last period of the day was over. I picked up my backpack and walked to my room. I was really tired and annoyed with people, I just wanted to lay down in my bed and read, escape from this world and drift away into fantasy.

When I opened my door Peter and Davy sat in there, I felt a slight annoyance inside of me, why now?

"hi Mike" Davy greeted me.

"hi" I said and threw my backpack on the ground.

"long day?" Peter asked.

"long? ha! this tuesday just seems the be infinite"

I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes with a sight. Peter was one of Davys best friends, well Davy had a lot of friends, but his closest was Peter.

Me and Peter had also talked a couple of times, Peter was a musician, he played a lot of instruments, the most impressive, to me, the banjo. His finger technique was fantastic, I myself played as well, I practised on my guitar every single day, or so, mostly to entertain myself because I wasn't really getting better.

I also wrote a couple of songs, but nothing I was proud of, just some sad tunes.

Peter and Davy got up from Davy's bed and walked over to the door, "good talking to you Mike" Peter said and opened the door.

"same to you, shotgun"

They then both left and I was alone, finally, I picked up the book I had borrowed at the school library. I had nearly finished reading it, I had about 4 chapters left. I was actually a bit embarrassed about reading this book, because it was a love novel. I know I shouldn't be embarrassed about it, but I couldn't help it, I just didn't seem like the kind of person to read things like that.

I sat up in the bed and pulled up the covers so they covered my legs. I then opened the book and quickly disappeared into my own fantasy world.