chapter 15

Mike's POV:

I looked at my wrist watch, Mickey's mom would be here soon. I was packing some clothes for the weekend and some other stuff, I knew I probably should have packed yesterday, but I didn't really think about it.

Me and Micky had been talking all night last night, until Peter came in. Davy was a bit suspicious about me when I came back, I think he tried to figure out if Micky had said anything to me, I just acted like nothing had happened.

I also found out Peter and Davy were going to the party too, but I think nearly everybody at the school was invited.

I heard a knock on my door just as I zipped my bag. I opened the door and saw Micky with a bag in his hands, "ready to go?!" he asked excited.

"you bet baby" I smiled, picking up my bag and closing the door behind us.

We soon reached the parking lot, I followed Micky over to a blue car. A woman with dark hair opened the front door and stepped out of the car. Micky hugged her quickly and turned around to face me, "this is Mike" Micky introduced me with a smile.

the lady reached her hand, "Janelle, Micky's mother"

I shook her hand, "hallo Ms, Mike"

She chuckled lightly and walked to the trunk of the car, "you can put your bags in here". I already started to overthink the situation, why did I say my name? Micky had already introduced me.

Me and Micky then sat us in on the back seat while Janelle got seated back on the driver's seat, we then drove out of the parking lot and in the direction of Mikcy's house.

Mikcy's POV:
Me and Mike both stepped out of the car, we had actually talked a lot in the car, but of course I always talked a lot. Mike was good with parents, I know it sounds weird, but some people just can't talk with parents.

I already knew my mother liked him, by the way she gave him an approving glare.

We entered my house with our bags in our hands, "C'mon let me show you my room"

Mike followed me and I soon opened the door that led into my room. A mattress lay beside my bed, I guess my dad had put it in here earlier.

I looked at Mike who was checking the room out.

"what do you think?" I asked him.

"it's great" he answered with a smile, gently putting his hand on my shoulder.

I chuckled and smiled back looking him straight in the eyes. We stood like this for a couple of seconds before I heard my mom call me.

I snapped out of the trance, "I'm coming!", I looked back at Mike, "you can just start unpacking i'll be right back"

Mike gave a nod and put his bag on the ground.

I turned around and walked out of the room ad into the living room, my mom popped her head out of the kitchen doorway with a smiled, "just thought you boys would like some snacks"

I jumped over to her, "you bet! thank you"

I grabbed the tray she had prepared and walked back to Mike who had now settled down on the mattress beside the bed.

"brought some snacks for you sir" I joked presenting the snacks as if it were some fancy meal at a fancy restaurant.

Mike grinned and shook his head. I walked over and sat down on my bed with the tray beside me.

Mike's POV:

Me and Micky had been talking for hours, it was first when, what I assumed was his sister, opened the door and said, "dinners ready", our conversation was cut off.

"ow", Micky got up, "this is my sister Gemma, but we just call her Coco"

Coco smiled and waved at me, I waved back while Micky started introducing me, "Coco this is Mike, from my school"

The dinner passed by quickly, first Micky introduced me to the rest of the family, even though I could figure out who most of them were because he had told me about them a couple of times, there was his dad George, his three younger sisters Coco, Deobrah or Deb, Kathleen or Gina and of course his momJanelle.

It seemed like both of his parents liked me quite well or at least they didn't hate me and that was something, wasn't it?

Micky threw himself on his bed as soon as he entered the room, I closed the door behind me and threw myself gently on top of him. We both laughed hard, or as hard as we could with our stomachs full of the delicious dinner.

As we laughed I worked my way to Micky's side, so now I was laying beside him in his bed with the laughter dying out.

I loved being close to Micky and took every opportunity to be so.

"so what do you think?" Micky asked after some time.

I looked puzzled at him still laying down, "what do you mean?"

Micky shrugged, "y'know about the house and my family"

"ow right, well I think it's great, I can see why you are like you and how much your family loves you"

Micky smiled, but the smile slowly turned into a more upset face. I could feel a small panic insoe of me, had I upset him? how? why?

He sat up and looked at me, "what do you mean with that?!"

I kept cool and sat up as well, "mean with that?"

"why I am like I am?"

A smile spread on my face, "ow that, well what I mean with that is you're such a great person and i can see how your family raised you to be like you"

Micky looked down a bit embarrassed, "ow uhm well that's embarrassing" He looked back up at me, "...thank you"

He put his hands around my neck and hugged me, as soon as I realised what was going on I hugged him back.