chapter 12

Mike's POV:

I looked at my wrist watch, there was about 5 minutes till I should go to me and Davy's room and go to sleep.

I looked at Micky, who sat beside me on a sofa in the playroom. He saw me turn my head and looked at me, "we should probably get goin' for tonight" I said with a small frown.

I enjoyed being with Micky, it didn't matter what we were doing, just as long as he was besides me.

Mickys smiled faded quickly as he said, "already"

I nodded and stood up, Micky let out his hands so I could help him up as well, I grabbed his hands without hesitation, I loved touching him.

I walked Micky over to his and Peter's room stopping outside of the door. Micky looked up at me directly in the eyes.

"sleep tight" he chuckled and then looked down at his hands.

I chuckled as well and hugged him, "goodnight shotgun"

He hugged back and then we parted.

"see you tomorrow" he said as he opened his door and closed it behind him.

I began to walk back to my room right away with a smile plastered onto my face. I could feel the adrenaline pump through my vaince and the overwhelming feeling of butterflies, who didn't just stay in the stomach, but spread out in my entire body, from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and it was first now I realized, shit! I really liked this guy.

I got to me and Davy's room and closed the door behind me. Davy was already there so I just put on my pyjamas and started brushing my teeths.

Not before long we both lay in each our separate beds waiting for the night teacher to come and say goodnight.

I considered reading in the book I was reading at the moment, but my thoughts quickly changed the subject to something far more interesting, micky.

Just thinking of his name made me excited. I tried to avoid getting adrenaline pumped out in my veins, but failed miserably. My body got all excited and I knew I wasn't going to sleep for the next hour at least.

First I tried to think of something completely different, what I got for dinner. It wasn't really that good just some bread and some other stuff, but Micky was there so it didn't really matter... dam it Micky?!, I cursed to myself.

I sighed and turned to look at the clock, "shouldn't the teacher be here by now?" I asked frustrated.

Davy looked at me, "maybe they're late"

I groaned quiet and turned to lay on my back.

"aren't you going to read?" Davy asked with a friendly smile.

I thought for a moment, maybe I should, maybe that could make me think of something else. without answering Davy I picked up the book and found the page I stopped at last night. The first page took me about 5 minutes to read through because I kept getting distracted by my thoughts.

Not soon after the teacher knocked on our door and said goodnight. As soon as the teacher left I switched off the lights and said goodnight to Davy.

Micky's POV:

I was on my way to the first period of the day, I hadn't seen Mike all day, I think he overslept, again.

Suddenly I heard someone call out my name behind me, I turned around only to face Mike who was running to catch up with me.

"ow hi Mike, haven't seen you all morning" I said and smiled.

"couldn't sleep last night" he answered short.

We still had some time till we arrived at the classroom so I decided to ask him why.

"thinking, I first fell asleep about 3 in the morning" Mike answered.

"that sucks, I know the feeling" I said, I hadn't really anymore to say, I was still tired and wasn't in the mood to talk.

We soon reached our classroom and entered the door. The room was about half full and the teacher hadn't arrived yet.

"Wow look Micky, for once we're not late" Mike said jokingly and followed me over to a table with two chairs.

We sat down and not soon after the teacher and the rest of the students arrived as well.

The next 3 periods went by very slowly, at least I had Mike by my side.

We had started to grow quite close lately and I didn't mind it. Mike was a great guy, a bit grumpy maybe, but that only suited me and my jumpy personality.

Suddenly the bell rang, everybody packed their things including me.

Me and Mike walked down to the launch room, luckily we were some of the fist students to arrive so we went straight up the get out launch.

We sat down and started to eat, not soon after Davy and Peter joined us. We sat there and talked for the rest of the break.

Mike's POV: 

Finally the school day was over, it had been a drag. Now me and Micky was on out way to Mickys room. Peter and Davy had told us at the launch break that they would spend some time at me and Peter's room after school and I didn't really want to interrupt what they had going on, whatever that was, so I just followed Micky.

As soon as we entered the room I fell onto Micky's bed, I was so tired because of tonight...

"Hey don't do that" Micky complanied.

I looked at him not knowing how to react, he chuckled and said, "I wanted to do that!"

"then do it" I dared with a smug smile.

He thought for a moment before saying, "okay, but it isn't my fault if I hurt you"

Before I could say anything he jumped right on top of my arm, "see plenty of room to us both" I grinned looking at him.

He looked up at the ceiling and yearned, "guess you were right"