chapter 3

Micky's POV:

I looked at my alarm clock, 10 pm, that meant the teacher who would check we had gone to bed would be here any time. I quickly put my night shirt on, on top of my normal clothes and tucked myself under my bed cover.

"you sneaking out again?" peter asked.

"yeah Neil asked me to come over tonight"

"Sounds fun" Peter said and smiled.

Before I could answer the door to our room opened, "goodnight boys" the teacher said.

"goodnight" we both answered in union.

I waited for about 10 minutes before I got up and took off my night shirt.

"see you later tonight" I whispered.

"see you" Peter whispered back.

I quietly opened our door and tip toed all the way to Niel's room. I hadn't been in Neil's room before so this was exciting.

I finally reached his room and knocked on the door before opening it.

"hey Neil" I smiled.

"come on in and join us Micky" Neil said and waved me over.

I closed the door behind me and sat down on the ground beside Neil and a girl whose name I had forgotten.

There were about 7 people in the room all seated on the ground, talking. I quickly joined in and started talking to the girl beside me.

Mike's POV:

I lay in my bed unable to sleep, the room beside me and Davy's was more noisy than usually and it drove me nuts.

I sighted and turned on the light. Davy had left for Peter's room about an hour ago, so I was alone. I looked at the clock and let out another sight, 11 pm! I sat up and debated whether I should go tell the people next door to shut up or not.

After about half an hour later the people next door hadn't turned down the noise so I stepped out of bed.

I put on my night robe and stepped outside in the hall. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

At first nothing happened, the noise didn't even turn down. Maybe they didn't hear me, I was about to knock even harder on the door, but it suddenly opened and my hand hit the boy who opened the door right in the nose.

I quickly realised what I had done and started apologizing, "ow im so sorry! I didn't mean to-"

I was cut off by the boy "it's all right" he said and looked at me covering his nose.

In that moment I realised who it was and it seemed he realised as well.

"Micky?"

"ow Mike it's you" he chuckled.

"yeah, well i'm really sorry man"

"really it's no problem"

"hey, what do you want?" Neil asked arrogant, the boy who "owned" the room.

I cleared my throat, "ask you to be quiet, because i want to sleep"

Neil was about to snap back at me, but Micky quickly interrupted, "sure why not Mike, i'm tired anyway"

Micky's words sort of started a chain reaction of people walking out of the room till Neil and his roomie was the only one left. Micky then patted me on the back and walked out as well. I was stock in sort of shock for half a second, but then followed Micky closing the door behind me.

"ow wow thnak's Micky"

"no problem, as I said I was tired anyway"

"well still" I said and stopped outside my door.

Micky gave me a quick glare and then smiled, "see you tomorrow"

"see you" I said and opened the door.

I closed the door behind me with a smile, who could have thought? I then walked back over to my bed and took off my night robe. as I slipped under the covers of my bed the door opened, it was Davy.

"ow you're still up" he observed.

"yeah I couldn't sleep for the noise next door"

"what noise?" he asked

"well they just left"

"that's why I met so many on the way back"

"yeah probably" I said tired and turned to lay on my side.

After a couple minutes Davy turned off the light, "night Mike"

"goodnight" I yearned back.

Micky's POV:

I opened the door into my and Peters room, not surprised he wasn't asleep.

"Davy left early, huh"

"yeah we thought maybe something was up since everybody suddenly went to bed"

I laughed to myself.

"so anyway you're back earlier than usual so something must be up, huh?"

"no not really, just tired"

"That usually doesn't stop you" Peter pointed out.

"well did you know Mike and Davy live next door to Neil?" I asked sort of out of nowhere.

Peter looked puzzled at me, but then shrugged, "no, no I haven't really talked that much with Neil"

"hm, well what about we get some sleep?" I suggested.

"souths me" Peter smiled and started unbuttoning his shirt.

I put on my pyjamas as well and threw Peter's silly orange night hat over to him. Peter had the most unusual pyjamas I had ever seen, an orange bodysuit with a blue bonny on the chest and a matching hat.

I quickly ran over to my bed a tucked myself under the covers before i yelled, "you turn off the light"

Peter sighted and turned off the light and then went over to his own bed. He soon fell asleep, I could always hear when he fell asleep because he snored, not in a loud annoying way, to me it was actually quite southing.

I yearned again and then turned around to lay on my back. Dam it, in spite of my tiredness I couldn't fall asleep. I was thinking about what happened tonight, I didn't know people had that much respect for me, or why I helped Mike.

I didn't know Mike that well, christ I knew Neil better why wasn't i on his side? and why didnt I want to tell Peter about Mike?

so many questions, I quickly got lost in my thoughts and before I knew I got lost in the dream world.