Chapter One-The Son

December. The month where the snow covered Hogwarts in a blanket of white. Where the temperature dropped to absolute zero. Where it became a completely different world. Draco loved it. It was another excuse to flaunt his wealth further, wear his lavished fur garments, 'petty the peasants' in his words. Isabel Montgomery (his best friend) waltzed towards him, clutching her shoulders trying to grab every piece of warmth. 'Draco...' she cried, 'Draco!'

'Hmmm,' Draco too busy in his haze of self-importance to care about his name being called, 'Oohh, Izz! Hello, I didn't realise it was you' he exclaimed with a sincere smile. Isabel smirked with a sarcastic undertone.

'Didn't realise or didn't care?' she said playfully. Draco and Isabelle's friendship was somewhat based off bitchiness; whether it was towards the two of them or others. Since Isabels' parents worked at the ministry, they've been close with the Malfoys for a very long time thus causing Draco and Isabel to be friends. Since Hogwarts, their friendship strengthened through time, especially since sorted into the same house.

'You know I would never ignore you purposely Izz, never!' there was almost a hurt in his eyes. He barely showed true emotion, especially when it could be interpreted as vulnerability.

'I know,' she smiled softly, nudging Draco with reassurance. They continued to walk down the hallways towards McGonigal's lesson. 'Soo, what are you doing for the holidays?' Isabel asked whilst linking arms, 'Anything exciting?' Draco scoffed.

'Oh God, of coursed not. You know my father, Traditional and boring. Mum will try and put in an effort but it will just be the same old same old. What about you?'

'I don't know if my parents will be back for Christmas, by the sounds of it, not. So, I guess I'll stay here.' Isabel huffed. Stopping in his tracks, Draco stared at Isabel in horror, 'What?!?!'

'Are you stupid? Why didn't you say something?' she knitted her eyebrows, 'You are always welcome at mine, my parents adore you, they practical want us to be married. Plus, you'll make things more bearable' They both gagged at the thought of being married. Obviously, they were soulmates, but only platonically.

'But really though, I can come round yours for Christmas. Are you sure it's not too much?'

She didn't want to interrupt on a family affair, especially at the Malfoys.

'Don't be stupid, of course. I'll tell them in advance.' They exchanged smiles and continued walking to class.

--

Isabel couldn't stop smiling to herself. The thought of being near the Lucius, the most respected wizard alive, excited her yet throw her in deep nerves. There was no reason for her to be like this. She had known him for many years. Yes, the convocations they shared where mostly small talk however, she hadn't seen him in years. Whenever she went to the Malfoy Manor, he was on business trips or whatever. As she smirked to herself, McGonigal clocked it. 'Ms. Montgomery, what are the 4 types of transfiguration?' Isabelle shook her head up in surprise. 'I want them in difficulty order,' McGonigal said condescendingly.

'Errrr, well, transform...ation,' she tried to look to Malfoy for reassurance but Draco pulled an unhelpful looking expression.

'10 points from Slytherin!' Professor McGonigal shook her head towards Isabel.

'That's unfair!' She cried.

'And detention,' Isabel slumped in her chair causing Draco to snicker. 'And you Mr Malfoy, I saw that!'

'What?' Draco questioned, 'Wait until my father hears about this!' McGonigal sighed and resumed her lesson.

After class Isabel apologised to McGonigal about her behaviour and pleaded to not proceed to give Draco detention. Although she was a Slytherin, she was extremely loyal; a trait she inherited from her Hufflepuff mother. McGonigal rolled her eyes and agreed to let Draco off, but only this once.

After serving her time in detention cleaning part of the library, Isabel carried herself towards the Slytherin common room. She threw herself upon the couch, letting out a deep sigh. 'Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in!' a voice emerged from the shadows. Isabel turned her sleepy head towards the location of the voice. Pansy. Rolling her eyes Isabel sighed at the thought of getting involved on a dispute at this time.

'Fuck off Pansy, what do want?'

'You are contradicting you self-there. But if you must know, what's this about you going around Draco's for the holidays?' she questioned.

'Its none of your business,' Isabel huffed staggering off the couch. It was obvious for years that Pansy liked Draco, but Draco didn't really care for it. He was used to being a heart-throb by now. Everyone envied Isabel due to her closeness with Draco. She even got used a few times because of it. Isabel left for her dorm trying to ignore the immediate past events. Pansy tried to call after her, but she just raised her middle finger, pleading that would give her a sign to fuck off.

---------

Authors Note: lmaoo this is like my first soo sorry 😔🤚